Nevada Babies
Options

Reno ladies - doctor and hospital info

I live up in Lake Tahoe but will be delivering in Reno. I'm pretty sure it will be at Renown. Do any of you know about the rooms / facilities there? Are they private? How are the nurses, etc? 

Also, I've been seeing an RE, so I'm trying to find a new OB. I'm looking at Alpine Women's Health and OB/GYN Associates. I used to go to Dr Klose at Women's Health of NV, but he misdiagnosed me for 11 months so I have trust issues with that group.

Anyway, any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Reno ladies - doctor and hospital info

• Options
    I know you posted this quite a while ago.  I hope you figured something out, but if not, I go to OB/GYN Associates, and I really like my doctor there.  Also, my sister and cousin both delivered at Renown.  They remodeled the post partum unit in the last few years, so it is pretty nice.  They used to be private rooms, but I'm not sure anymore.

Photobucket imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I go to OBGYN Associates and I love it they are always so nice, but the down fall is they are very busy because there so good and your OB might or might not be the one delivering your baby, but I love going there. my view on Renown is that they have nice rooms and private rooms, but the nurses and doctors aren't always so nice and not very attentive, you only get what you need if you ask. and they seem to busy to stop in and see how your doing I had both my kids at St. Mary's and the rooms may not be upgraded to the flat screens but the nurses and doctors AMAZING. hope I helped congratulations and good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    OBGYN Associates is awesome!! I went there before I was ever pregnant for some specialty screenings and tests! They are all amazing! Don't know much about the hospitals, but I'm almost positive I will deliver at Saint Mary's if my insurance allows it.
  • Options
    I had a horrible experience delivering at Renown. They don't trust their patients with their own babies! I am using St Mary's this time around. Also, I'm going to Alpine Women's... Their doctors are awesome, and actually treat you like a person!
  • Options
    I had a horrible experience delivering at Renown. They don't trust their patients with their own babies! I am using St Mary's this time around. Also, I'm going to Alpine Women's... Their doctors are awesome, and actually treat you like a person!
    I'm going to Alpine Women's too! I've only had my 1st appointment, but I was very happy with the experience.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ended up choosing Alpine Women's Health (dr Capurro) and love them. My delivery was a bit of a shit show, but not the doctor's or hospital's fault at all. I went with Renown and actually had a good experience, given the circumstances. I felt I had great care, but it was also not busy at all. The nurses were awesome in labor and recovery.
    Married since 2008 | TTC #1 since 2011

2 losses: Nov '11 and Aug '12
    Dx: Feb '13 - HSG shows clear tubes but minor diverticulitis; Borderline DOR; Low DHEA and low testosterone.
    Moving on to IUI or IVF.

3.4.13:  Holy crap! Surprise natural BFP on cycle #19. EDD 11.12.13
    We've got a peen.....it's a boy! 
    Little man born 11.17.2013 via c-section

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Anyone with experience at Tahoe Forest Hospital in Truckee? I live up in Lake Tahoe as well and am debating whether to be closer to home or use Renown in Reno. Any comparisons? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"