January 2015 Moms

Catholic baptism question

Just wondering, do you give a monetary donation to the priest for doing the baptism and the church? Or or one or the other or none? If so, how much do you give? Little guys baptism is this this weekend so I have to figure it out :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Catholic baptism question

• Hi! We just had our son baptized yesterday. Our church gave us an envelope marked "Baptismal Donation" at the information session we attended last week and recommended a donation of $25.00 to cover the books and candle we were given. We gave the envelope to the priest after the baptism. Hope this helps and congratulations! :)
  • It's been 7 years since DD1's baptism, and we haven't done DD2's yet....but I think you just give one donation to the church.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We gave a $100 donation to the church for DS's baptism and will do the same for DD's this weekend. I think, in general, it is what you are comfortable with. If you can't afford a specific amount, no one would be faulted for that.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• We will probably give our normal weekly offering to the church (about $10-$20) and then another $25 to the priest, unless we are recommended something else.
  • You could ask at your church what the typical "stipend" is? Somebody will know or can ask Father for you! :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"