May 2015 Moms

epidural or natural

2»

Answers

• Had my first with no epidural, despite her being almost 9lbs. It wasn't horrible either yes the pain was pretty bad, but I lived through it and had a beautiful baby afterwards to take my mind off of the pain :) that being said I'm not against epidurals so it will always be an option, but I think I'll just have to wait and see how labour goes this time around!
  • Natural, I feel like the pain meds got in the way of bonding and breastfeeding with my first son.
  • Loading the player...
  • Natural with my first....very easy no pain. Plan on going natural again with this little guy in may. Everyone has different levels of pain they can handle. I just like the fact of feeling and knowing when it's time to push.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Also want to add I do not think anyone needs birthing classes. Your body tells you what to do. Good luck ladies.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I had a med-free birth with my first and plan to do the same with this one.  I disagree with mistyjewel88, however, on birthing classes.  While I agree the actual techniques don't really matter from the classes, I think it's important to know all of the options and be informed on the "what-ifs" that can happen during labor/birth.  I needed an internal monitor with my first labor and had I not done the classes, I might have been more freaked out by it.
  • With my son, my water broke first. At 4cm they started pitocin, and I made it to 7cm before I got the epidural. It didn't work on my left side because of scar tissue, so it's 100% not an option this time. I will not be trapped in a bed WHILE capable of moving half my body. No thank you.
  • I had an epidural with my first. It didn't work on my right side, I felt every contraction in my back. But when it came time to push I felt no pain and never felt them stitching me up after I tore. He was born in the morning and I was up getting showered by noon. I'm definitely getting an epidural this time and I hope it works better than the last time. I did have some pain in my back for a few weeks afterwards but I feel like it was worth it.

• I wanted to do it natural by waterbirth but I have cramps once in a while n I can't even handle that compared to labor. So now I might do the epidural
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"