Blended Families
Options

over dramatic parents- daycare related

I am transferring to a new job in my company at the end of the month. Because of this move my son will be switching to a daycare that is closer to our home. The one he is currently at is close to where I'm working. Unfortunately there is no feasible way for me to leave home drop him off and get to wothe whole purpose of this transfer is to get closer to home. The whole purpose of this transfer is to get closer to home.

I informed BD of the transfer 9 me it was official. I even asked him if he wanted to aid in finding new child care for our son. I wanted him to feel like his opinion mattered and where our son would be going to daycare and preschool. 2 weeks have gone by sense I informed Him. And now he send me several messages telling me that I am an unfit mother, I am not providing a stable environment for our son, and he will not be switching daycares.he also let me know that he will no longer be picking him up from daycare on Thursdays which is the day of the week that he usually gets him. And told me that he would be picking him up from our home every Thursday. He said by law I have to have him at his residence at the time he is supposed to pick him up during the week. For the last two years he has been picking his son up every Thursday at daycare.

Does anyone agree that by changing a child's daycare you are stripping them of any stability in the home? This is really more of a vent than anything. Are there many left of this board?

Re: over dramatic parents- daycare related

• Options
    I'm still here but there is hardly any activity anymore... :( and no you aren't doing anything wrong and you in no way a "bad mom", BD is angry and is lashing out. You gave him time and opportunities but he chose not to partake in this decision. As the primary parent you have to do what's best for your lifestyle.
    As far as where BD picks DS, it goes by your CO. If it states daycare/school or your residence then you have to follow that but you also have to follow the set time. If CO doesn't state anything just a day of the week then I would set the time for when you get off work. Sorry BD is acting like this and I hope it gets better.
  • Options
    Thanks. The CO does not state anything as to where he is to be picked up only says that he gets home at 4 p.m. every Thursday. he's adamant that there is some Michigan law that states a child has to be at the parents home. I know that he's not correct however I can't argue with hysterical. It's just frustrating when I'm trying to do my best to co parent and I feel like all he wants to do is argue. But thanks for listening to my rant.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our CO is in Michigan, ours says we meet halfway. There's no law, it's just what the CO says. I would make sure to save the emails or texts where you asked him for input in case he takes it further. You are not unfit, he's just throwing a tantrum.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Twister nailed it!!!!!  Good luck dealing with crazy, it sucks (I am right there with you).
  • Options
    My boyfriend has had almost the same issue with his sons mother, and she took it to court and they just told her to follow the custody paperwork. She was later told by a counselor that picking a child up from home feels to the child like he is being "taken" from his father and can make her look like a bad guy. They recommend pick up from day care or meeting at a designated spot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"