March 2015 Moms
Options

Military families with tri care

starting March 1st my health insurance switches to tri care and I was just curious if they cover the cost of circumcision? I keep meaning to call them but end up forgetting and not sure if they're open on weekends.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Military families with tri care

• Options
    Yes Tricare prime covers circumcision ... At least they did when my son was born in 2011 and I'm pretty sure nothing has changed in their policy since then ( Idk about Tricare standard tho)
  • Options
    Do research to make sure circumcision is really something you want to have done to your newborn! I couldn't bring myself to read through the whole procedure, it's very unsettling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They covered my son's back in 2009, so I'm sure they still do
  • Options
    Yes, tricare covers circumcision. :)
  • Options
    Just FYI, tricare has a pretty good website where you can enter some basic info on your plan and find out exactly what they cover. Just google tricare and you'll find it. Pretty sure they cover circumcision.
  • Options
    kellbell1982kellbell1982 member
    edited February 2015
    Yes they cover that. I was active duty military when I had my daughter so she was born at the naval hospital. Once I was discharged from the service my exhusband was still in so I stayed on tricare for several years. They're really great to civilian family members. I remember having scripts that cost over 1500 dollars every three weeks and all I had to pay was nine dollars! I second the prior poster who mentioned looking at their website, it's got great info. I never had a problem with tricare, mine and my daughters healthcare and scripts were always covered with no problems. My daughter is still covered by tricare, I'm remarried to another vet but he and I use the VA medical center so it's just my daughter on tricare still covered by her father who is still active duty. Make sure you get the baby put on deers once ur discharged so that he is covered. Good luck
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"