Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Flu shot and hives?

Did anyone's child react to the flu shot with hives?  If so how long afterwards?  DD had it Tuesday night and Wednesday her one cheek got bright red and hot and then later her arms had hives.   It was less than 24 horus after the shot.  We thought it could be a peanut allergy as her sitter kissed her on the neck a while after eating peanut butter toast.  Then we put a little on her leg and it never reacted there but then we noticed the hives on arm.  We took her to dr. and they did bloodwork for all nuts and all came back negative (which we know it's 100% accurate at this age).  We have never been careful with the peanut butter or the nuts we eat, etc.  We are going to see the allergist next week for skin tests and her to review the blood work, but since she had some vaccines and the flu shot the night before, I was thinking it could possibly be that.  Thanks!

Re: Flu shot and hives?

• Options
    Is she allergic to eggs?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    We don't know...she is only 6 months...we are going to allergist next week. I was just curious if anyone else had a reaction like that...hives after the flu shot.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We don't know...she is only 6 months...we are going to allergist next week. I was just curious if anyone else had a reaction like that...hives after the flu shot.

I understand your question. Even if someone else has had a reaction like you describe it means absolutely nothing for you or your LO. We are not you. We are not your LO.

Did you introduce new food before the shot?

Did they use latex gloves?

Different cleaning solution?

Different soap/lotion etc?

I am wary to lay blame at the feet of the flu shot because that's assuming nothing else different was encountered.

We had a small flushing (not itchy & it didn't seem to bother DS) after the flu shot. Are you sure it's hives? Does LO scratch?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    It was hives because it had the little welts and we took her to the pedi with the rash/hives to see.  it could totally be a fluke..I was just thinking of any all the things that happened the day or two before she broke out...just to have answers for allergist, etc
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"