March 2015 Moms

Frequent long visits to toilets than constipation

tanvigalatanvigala member
edited February 2015 in March 2015 Moms
Hi moms to be... Im in my 35 th week... I almost go after every meal.. Is this normal... Anyone experiencing the same?

Re: Frequent long visits to toilets than constipation

• I don't have any experience with this, so unfortunately I can't help you. My best advice would be what I would personally do - I would wait until my next appointment and ask my doctor. If you're really concerned, there should be an after hours number that you can call to get answers sooner. Also, it's best to hear from your medical professional because he/she knows your medical history and can better reassure you of normality or let you know if something is wrong.

Best of luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• What do you mean by "than constipation"?

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • mudbug84 said:
    What do you mean by "than constipation"?
    I think she meant to say "more frequent long visits to toilets than constipation" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Sorry to hear your dealing with this, I would contact your doctor. Not to sound gross but if it is diarrhea, you need to contact them right away. During pregnancy you can become dehydrated very quickly. Good Luck
  • No I don't have any symptoms like this. I'm over here wishing I COULD use the restroom....I'm not sure if Imodium is on the list that we can take, but that would help your problem something along those lines. Call your dr!
  • I would say it is becaus your body is preparing for labor and making room for the baby is he/she drops lower into your pelvis. Its also good to remember that the hormones that stimulate contractions and prepare the uterus for labor work on smooth muscle which is also what your intestines are. If they are just frequent regular bowl movements that's great if it is diarrhea you need to mention it to the Dr to make sure it is not an infection or gastroenteritis of any sort.
  • I have heard that diarrhea is one of the signs that labor is on it's way, kinda like @codiel said. But ask doc if concerned or you show other signs of dehydration
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"