Babies: 6 - 9 Months

9 months -still heating bottles

Are you guys still heating your little ones bottles? Are you starting to put milk in sippy cups and weaning them away from the bottle? When does the weaning off of the bottle start? I don't think my LO wIll even take cold milk...

Re: 9 months -still heating bottles

• I have no advice as my 10 month old will still only take a very warm bottle. I also fear the switch to regualr milk as I don't think she will ever drink it cold!
  • ...This is my little girl exactly. She likes her bottle very warm, and the few times that I have given her cold milk it's a struggle to get her to drink it and then she throws up. I wonder how she's going to take to cold milk when we transition off of formula...

• Loading the player...
  • I would warm until you toss the bottle all together. There is no reason to worry about cold cow's milk until 12 months.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Also-- the struggle to get her to take something she doesn't want to drink will make her sick. Please don't do that. If she wants the milk warm-- I don't see the problem?

Would you like someone forcing a cold beverage on you when what you want is hot tea? She will take the milk or whatever at other temperatures later.

I would start with little sippies of water at different temps with her solids. Two-for-one here: you start the intro to sippy cups & different temp liquid.

Really though, I did a double take that you force the kid to down cold formula if she doesn't like it. :|

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Also-- the struggle to get her to take something she doesn't want to drink will make her sick. Please don't do that. If she wants the milk warm-- I don't see the problem? Would you like someone forcing a cold beverage on you when what you want is hot tea? She will take the milk or whatever at other temperatures later. I would start with little sippies of water at different temps with her solids. Two-for-one here: you start the intro to sippy cups & different temp liquid. Really though, I did a double take that you force the kid to down cold formula if she doesn't like it. :|

Where did you hear this??? Because I seriously doubt that. It might the LO mad, but sick, doubtful.

I never heated LO's bottle. He will take a bottle at whatever temp it happens to be at. I would suggest starting to lower the temp is the bottles. Work your way down to room temp for a few days, let your LO adjust then move down to colder bottles.

• KatWAG said:

Also-- the struggle to get her to take something she doesn't want to drink will make her sick. Please don't do that. If she wants the milk warm-- I don't see the problem? Would you like someone forcing a cold beverage on you when what you want is hot tea? She will take the milk or whatever at other temperatures later. I would start with little sippies of water at different temps with her solids. Two-for-one here: you start the intro to sippy cups & different temp liquid. Really though, I did a double take that you force the kid to down cold formula if she doesn't like it. :|

Where did you hear this??? Because I seriously doubt that. It might the LO mad, but sick, doubtful.

I never heated LO's bottle. He will take a bottle at whatever temp it happens to be at. I would suggest starting to lower the temp is the bottles. Work your way down to room temp for a few days, let your LO adjust then move down to colder bottles.

Have someone force cold water on you on an empty stomach. Have a trash can ready.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• I fail to understand how warming bottles for 3 or 4 more months is some huge hassle? Why does LO "need" to drink cold beverages right this very second?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"