April 2015 Moms

Shaving Splendor

so... This is my third pregnancy...is suppose I should be over being self-conscious... But seriously, I got out of the shower, looked in the mirror & noticed I have the entire Amazon forest growing below this giant belly of mine!

I told my hubs I'm gonna need some help with this, but it just never seems to get taken care of. If you see a woman in Texas on the news that gave birth to a baby that they couldn't find, due to the boufont she was sporting, it's probably me.

Just 2 more months, just 2 more months.... Ugggh. I can't teach my toes to paint my toes either, lol

Re: Shaving Splendor

• I have found it dangerious to shave down there. Last time I tried I was bleeding afterword and dont know why or how so I quit trying.
  • My husband helps me. Good luck I guess.
  • Loading the player...
  • Lay in the bath tub and use a bears trimmer. You wont be smooth but at least it will be nice and short
  • I suppose docs & nurses are used to looking at the unkept land down under. I got a mirror, stood over the commode with my hubs' electric clippers in the other hand. It was a careful, yet successful feat. Again, not smooth, but the deed is at least halfway done.

That image is hilarious (the one someone posted in the convo)...

I just thought, with allof the serious convos & subject lines, perhaps this one might bring a smile to someone's face. :)
  • I've always been an every day shaver so I haven't had too many issues keeping things nice and clean down there. This is my second. For my first we had to have an emergency c-section after 32 hours of labor and when a new nurse came in with a razor she said "I need to prep you for surgery," then lifted up my gown to do her "prepping" and said "WELL GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!! No prepping needed!" She was so proud of me that I was determined to make this second round of nurses just as proud! (Planned c-section for this baby.)
  • Girl, me too.
  • This cracks me up because I was starting to wonder what I was going to do too. I decided I'll be getting waxed soon and then 4 weeks after that which will be a few days before my due date. The waxing lasts so long and really only hurts for a bit and then it's ok. I just don't ever see myself asking my husband to do that. Some things are better left unknown haha
  • After an ingrown hair down there from shaving around 18 weeks, the nurse told me it you don't need to shave. I've stopped shaving down there, on occasion I give it trim with a bikini trimmer but DH said he doesn't care, I've stopped shaving the upper half of my legs, been 6 weeks maybe since I've shaved my upper legs, and only shave my calves maybe once a week. too hard.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kjones115‌ just be careful waxing while pregnant. I had two different people tell me your skin is much more sensitive while pregnant and both of theirs ripped off when they waxed during pregnancy. I mean we are talking a very very thin layer of skin, but still, ouch!
  • Considering this is my 3rd pregnancy and I can still shave my legs, I'm just proud that I can reach that far! I did nick myself a few times this weekend and had an incident involving maternity pantyhose, but no trip to the hospital was needed
  • I call shaving the battle of the bulge...  I actually shaved yesterday for the first time in a month.  I figure I'll shave when I get a bit closer to delivery.  Maybe just maybe I'll shave if I get an induction date, other wise...  Oh well. 

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• I plan to keep a hand mirror in the shower once I can't keep everything maintained. Worked with my first.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • I don't know how this mirror thing works with everyone... I tried with a mirror and still couldn't see.  :(

Factor V Leiden Homozygous, Advanced Maternal Age

TTC #1, 5 yrs, PCOS, Femera + Ovidrel.

IUI#3 BFP, DD 5/31/2012

TTC #2, 2 yrs, PCOS, Femera+Ovidrel

IUI#2 BFP!

• I tried a mirror also and it just gets all fogged up. :-(

• @mrsalvidrez i'm a pretty frequent waxer but thanks for the heads up! I actually got waxed the day I found out I was pregnant. I only go to one person and she's awesome. She asks how I'm doing to make sure I'm not in too much pain. If anyone is thinking of it I would certainly recommend going to a nice salon or spa though. I wouldn't mess around with that stuff haha. 
  • This is why I used my hubby's electric razor (he uses for his fu-man-chew). Haha! "Surprise honey, that was just on my vag yesterday!" Lol

I love the chewbacca! I feel like that.

With the mirror, I use hubs' thing as I stand over the toilet with the long handled mirror. It def is better than nothing. I'm just thinking that I better keep shaving to myself if i still wanna be a woman... Not sure how much finesse my husband would have in the area.

• I guess the thought of waxing scares me, because I have MPZ out of me with my first… And tour with both of my kids… And it never healed right. So I'd be afraid that I'd Terramore or something. I have enough pregnancy drama, then to add to it with some waxing disaster right before labor. Lol, But I'm so glad that works for you!
  • I use my phone for the camera to see down there and that's how I shave it! It's worked quite well!
  • hnbyrum said:

I guess the thought of waxing scares me, because I have MPZ out of me with my first… And tour with both of my kids… And it never healed right. So I'd be afraid that I'd Terramore or something. I have enough pregnancy drama, then to add to it with some waxing disaster right before labor. Lol, But I'm so glad that works for you!

I need an interpreter for this one!

Here's what I'm getting. She TORE with both her kids and since it did not heal properly (the vag tear I'm assuming?) She is concerned that having A wax would cause it to tear more.

Ugh.
    :-??
  • My husband had to help. I just couldn't stand the craziness down below anymore. I assume he wasn't scarred for life.
  • Just the laugh I needed Ty,i was starting to feel alone,i can barely reach my toes at 31w1d.
  • This is my first time being pregnant and after watching a few too many birthing videos in high school and college, I've always told myself I would not give birth with a jungle down below. However my only attempt at taking care of it left me with patches of missed spots
  • Hmm...image<</p>

Hahaha that is hilarious and SO dangerous! You have the love the creativity though!
  • Yes, you understand correctly.
  • I only wax the sides clipper the middle.
  • I just trim....shaving is just too risky and while I asked hubby, he seems less than thrilled with the idea...he doesn't mind slightly furry I guess.  Even to trim, I find it easiest to sit on a towel on the floor and slowly feel my way through the forest.

So midwives, I apologize in advance.   
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • acolodiy said:

Like this? image

O. M. G. Dying!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"