March 2015 Moms
Options

32 w 4 d measuring 37 w VBAC.

Hey everyone, has anyone in here had experience with VBAC? This is our 4th baby and our last was delivered via csection because of breech presentation. I make large babies, my doctor agreed to try for a VBAC, but now in my 3rd trimester, I'm measuring waaaaay ahead of schedule. I know ultrasounds can be off a pound either way, but 2 weeks ago, baby H was dubbed 5lb 5 oz. In only 32w 4d today. Now OB is worried baby is going to be too big to try. Anyone have experience with VBAC? I'm really hoping he decides to come on his own. I had a horrible experience with the c section.

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• Options
    *bump*
  • Options
    I have big babies too. First was 9 lb 11 oz and had c section because of size. My fundal measurement was 43 when she was delivered a week early. With this one, doc talked about a vbav but quickly changed to c section because I am currently larger than I was with my first. My fundal measurement at 33 weeks with 1st was 37. My fundal measurement with this one at 32 weeks was 37. I already have a section scheduled for 39 weeks. I'm feeling like this one might top my first. I always trust my doctor and assume he knows what's best for me and my baby.
  • Options
    Those estimates can be off 2 or more pounds either way. Size is not a reason to schedule a csection it isn't even considered good medical practice to do so. If your want a vbac find someone who actual supports vbac. Find it what their vbac success rates are and use that to find a provider.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would recommend going for the vbac, if that's an option for you, based on my experiences. I've had 2 csections, sandwiched by 2 vaginal births. The recovery is much better with a vaginal birth. And the intense emotional part of a vaginal birth (due to the hormones that flood your body) is an amazing experience. I was up and walking around within an hour of both vaginal births. So nice to have that kind of freedom! Trying another vbac this time with #5. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. This OB comes highly recommended, I'm hoping I haven't wasted my time. I'm definitely pushing for my VBAC no matter the size. OB says as long as he decides to come on his own he'll do whatever he can for our birth plan. So, drinking lots of Red Raspberry Leaf tea for now. Once it gets closer, bouncing on the exercise ball and lots of walking. Praying that #4 comes as easily as #1 & #2 did, and NOT like #3 :-)
  • Options
    If #1 and #2 were similarly sized to this baby and you were able to deliver them then I wouldn't see why you would have an issue with #4 assuming baby is head down. The reasoning your doctor is stating doesn't really make sense.
  • Options

If #1 and #2 were similarly sized to this baby and you were able to deliver them then I wouldn't see why you would have an issue with #4 assuming baby is head down. The reasoning your doctor is stating doesn't really make sense.

Baby 3 was breech and my previous OB in PA wouldn't turn her at 38 weeks. This OB is supportive of a VBAC, but he won't take any chances. Better than being pushed into a csection...but I'm sticking to my guns.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"