March 2015 Moms

confused 34wk 4d mom needs advice

So I already asked my doctor about this concern, and she said it was okay, I would just like some clarification. About 5 days ago I had some light bleeding and cramping, I called and Dr said to call the next day if the bleeding continued, which it did. I went in that day and she checked everything out and said there was no bleeding at the time but my blood vessels in my cervix looked irritated. She then told me no intercourse for at least a week and the bleeding should stop. It is now almost a week sense and I am still bleeding and feeling even more uncomfortable!! I have asked for an ultrasound to make sure it is nothing else,also I have not had one sense week 18 and its the one and only one they are trying to do, but she does not think it is necessary for another. Am I over reacting?? Bleeding seems pretty serious to me but I am also a newby in situations like this

Re: confused 34wk 4d mom needs advice

• I don't think that's over reacting. (Knock on wood) I haven't had any bleeding with this pregnancy but did with my first and they immediately did an ultrasound- I was 25 and 32 weeks. I am suprised that your doctor didn't order an ultrasound to determine the issue. I would insist that they do an ultrasound.
  • I go in this coming Tuesday, I'll just have a mommy riot until they do as I request ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Spotting is normal, but I'd be concerned if I had been bleeding for that long. I don't think you'd be out of line at all to ask for an ultrasound or more testing to find out what's going on.
  • I'm 34 weeks 4 days and I just had an appointment this past week. My midwife did mention that some bleeding could be normal at this point in pregnancy.

I would take some comfort in the fact that your doctor isn't concerned. Maybe you can ask her to give you some clarity as to why you would be bleeding and for so long? What would they do if it persisted? I hope you can get the answers you're looking for!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    For SuzyQ and all the M15 losses

• Do you still feel movement from baby on a daily basis? If so, and your dr can see that it's your cervix blood vessels that are irritated, there probably isn't too much reason to worry. A follow up exam is definitely a good idea, though.
  • At 15 weeks a blood vessel in my uterus ruptured... I was seen immediately for an ultrasound to clarify everything and make sure it was not placenta related. I'd double check, it gave me peace of mind during the scariest moment of my life.
  • LakenMarie07LakenMarie07 member
    edited February 2015
    I have the same thing. Have had spotting through out the whole pregnancy. I do have a small plencenta tear and irritated blood vessels on my cervix. I always go in when I have a bleed no matter if it's a gush or spot. They normally take blood right away. When I have active bleeding due to the tear it shows in my blood count. They also also do a pelvic and normally they can see if there is active bleeding or just bleeding from the irritated blood cells on my cervix. If they don't see an active bleeding just my cells on my cervix irritated they don't normally do an ultrasound. Now if they see active bleeding they do an ultrasound. I have found that if just my cells being irritated it's just spotting and if I relax and keep my feet up it stops. Now when it due to the tear it is big gushes and bright red.
  • Demand an ultrasound if you feel so strongly. It is your right. You might not need it, but it would be of comfort to you.
  • I would demand an ultrasound also, as some other mums have suggested. It's your right to know how your baby is doing, especially if it's worrying you.

I've never been through this before but I do hope you get all the answers you need. Sending thoughts and prayers your way :smile:
  • I would ask your Dr more questions, as others have suggested. And I can see why you want an ultrasound, but there might not be a medical reason to get one. Several people have said getting one when you are worried is a right, but I didn't see that one in the constitution. Seriously, if there is no medical necessity your insurance company probably won't pay for it, and your Dr may continue to refuse.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"