Food & Nutrition

breakfast ideas

Morning sickness has improved, but I'm still pretty queasy in the mornings.  My appetite is just not there in the morning either.  I haven't been able to stomach eggs or toast, smoothies don't hold me over, I can only eat yogurt on some rare mornings, and I'm out of breakfast ideas.  I can't stand oatmeal right now, and cereals don't satisfy.

Do you ladies have other any ideas/suggestions?  I'm getting really frustrated with food.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: breakfast ideas

• I ate pasta A LOT for breakfast during my first trimester. I couldn't stand the thought of any breakfast foods and pasta would fill me up.
  • During my first trimester I'd always wake up nauseous, but I also cannot put food in my mouth when I'm nauseous - it just makes it worse.  I could drink though so I started having a big glass of milk (organic 2% w/ dha) once I woke up.  DH would jump out of bed when my alarm went off and bring the glass of milk to me so I could sip a bit before trying to get out of bed.  Other times I'd do pasta - like if I started feeling queasy in the afternoon - but I'd have to sip some milk or ginger ale to settle my stomach first before eating.  Good luck - you'll make it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I ate PB&J on toast for pretty much every meal during my first tri.  or just plain saltines.  Don't get stuck in the "breakfast food" box - eat whatever you can stand.  What about fruit?  Hope you start to feel better soon!
  • Crackers, cheese and grapes worked for me.  Handfuls of dry cereal as well. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• joules235 said:
    Was all the magnesium supplements and whatnot fine with your doc?  I've been paranoid about any extras.
  • If smoothies are palatable but not filling try a protein shake.
  • Ditto the suggestion to add some protein to your smoothies. Maybe you'll need to have first and second breakfast instead of really filling up right away. Last thought, do you eat in the middle of the night? I had a drawer of food and ate at ~3am all the time when I was pg. Maybe that would help keep you from waking up already nauseous.

• I second the protein shakes. I hated eating in the morning but if I didn't I'd get sick. So I made a good sized protein shake and sipped on it all morning. I also lived on the premade peanut butter crackers.
  • Bagels, and sometimes cackers & sprite! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• I ate a LOT of almonds while I was pregnant... as long as I snacked on them throughout the day the MS wouldn't be so bad.
  • I would have an english muffin with peanut butter and banana on it or crackers.
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"