1st Trimester
Options

HCG levels and major confusion!!

I had an early miscarriage last September and I was finally able to conceive again. However today I had my 3rd beta tests at 20 dpo and I'm getting really scared that i will miscarry for the 2nd time 

1st beta- 12 dpo- 41hcg 23 prog
2nd beta- 14 dpo 108hcg 29 prog
3rd beta 20 dpo 641hcg 17.1 prog

My doctor was not concerned at all and just scheduled me for an ultrasound but this doesn't seem right, especially with my dropped progesterone. Has anyone had a similar experience? does it seem like I will most likely miscarry? 

Re: HCG levels and major confusion!!

• Options
    I actually just went through this a few weeks ago.  First of all your hcg numbers look really good!! My first draw for progesterone was 34 and 48 hrs it went down to 23.  I panicked of course but my doctor said not to worry.  She said that progesterone works in surges so when I went in for my blood draw I was likely not having a surge at that time.  She said eating and not eating before the blood draw can give a fluctuating number as well.  Sure enough 48 hours later it was back up to 30.  I should also mention that I conceived on a round of clomid and hcg trigger shot due to PCOS and my doctor had me start 100 mg of progesterone at 3 dpo.  So even on the extra supplementation I was still fluctuating.  If yours would drop too low I'm sure they would ask you to supplement as well.  As long as your number stays above 10 that is good!  Above 15 if you had a medicated cycle like myself.  I've had a couple ultrasounds so far and all is well!! I'm almost 8 weeks.  Hope this helps a little bit to calm your worries!
  • Options
    Thank you! this does make me feel better. I've been trying to stay calm but its so difficult when everyone else's number seems to be in the 1000's by now. Its just so scary to think of going through another loss. Im just trying to think positive thoughts. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you mean your worried about your hcg levels not being in the 1000's??  They are doubling just fine!  
  • Options
    I'm worried about everything! its so crazy i've spent so much time after my miscarriage trying to figure out how to get pregnant again that i completely didn't think about how i would feel once i actually did get pregnant again. any little thing makes me so worried. thanks for the encouragement!! 
  • Options
    No problem!  I had a loss as well a year ago so I can completely understand the worry that comes along with getting pregnant again.  Im sure everything will turn out just fine!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"