April 2015 Moms

Is anyone else sick all the time?

megz0929megz0929 member
edited February 2015 in April 2015 Moms
I'm almost 31 weeks along and have found that I have never been more sick in my life. Between UTI's and passing a kidney stone to yeast infections and strep throat--I can't seem to get healthy. I have been prescribed antibiotics almost every 4 weeks throughout most of this pregnancy. I wash my hands diligently (I work with kids all day) and take my vitamin and eat healthy (minus the occasional indulgence). Has anyone else experienced such compromised immunity during their pregancy? Any suggestions on safe ways to keep immunity up?

Re: Is anyone else sick all the time?

• megz0929 said:
    I'm almost 31 weeks along and have found that I have never been more sick in my life. Between UTI's and passing a kidney stone to yeast infections and strep throat--I can't seem to get healthy. I have been prescribed antibiotics almost every 4 weeks throughout most of this pregnancy. I wash my hands diligently (I work with kids all day) and take my vitamin and eat healthy (minus the occasional indulgence). Has anyone else experienced such compromised immunity during their pregancy? Any suggestions on safe ways to keep immunity up?
    I've heard that cutting a clove of garlic in half and rubbing it on your palms and armpits will increase your body's ability to fight off infections. Good luck! Let me know how it works!
  • Yep. Normal. It sucks. No advice except to keep your eyes on the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • Loading the player...
  • I just recently started working in a daycare... I've been there two months and can honestly say I've been sick for 4 out of 8 weeks
  • Have you been put on antibiotics? I'm probably overly stressed about it but gosh...it's literally been nonstop. I have all the fears that it can't be healthy for baby.
  • megz0929 said:
    Have you been put on antibiotics? I'm probably overly stressed about it but gosh...it's literally been nonstop. I have all the fears that it can't be healthy for baby.
    Antibiotics are not healthy for baby! That's why u use the garlic.
  • I can relate! I was blessed with a bout of shingles that my midwife credits to lower immunity from pregnancy.
  • I wish I had something to contribute but it's been awful non-stop for me too. Feeling rather lonely because I don't have anyone to share my complaints with. My husband doesn't seem to get it, he's been pretty preoccupied with himself though. Again, sorry I have nothing positive to contribute or helpful tips. I'm on another dose of antibiotics for kidney infection... If this doesn't work my doc is going to admit me in the hospital for a few days for IV antibiotics. She assures me it's not going to hurt my baby, but my worry is high. He's been extremely active and everything with him looks good. Biggest worry is that I'm seeing a urologist in the next week to discuss putting a stint in my ureters. It does give me some peace when I feel him flopping and kicking around though. Trying to hang onto that light at the end of the tunnel. 9 weeks and 6 days to go.
  • I am a preschool director.....   Strep throat,  twice.     Flu led to contractions- landed me in the hospital for a day.  The following weekend I contracted norovirus,  two days in the hospital and I had to reschedule my baby shower, without the friends who flew cross country to surprise me.  :(    Then a week after that I was diagnosed with bronchitis/walking pneumonia.    The second trimester was tough...

I am also in school full time, I think I just got run down and couldn't get back on top of it.  

So ya this has pretty much sucked!  

But,  I feel good today,  the rescheduled shower is tomorrow,  so I am just going to cross my fingers for a smooth ride to the finsh line!
    image"">
    TTC since 2012
    Me 35, DH 32 -DH SA all clear
    8/97 severe perotinitis infection as a result of ruptured appendix. poss abdomen/tube scarring
    1/12 HSG all clear!
    2/12 Multiple fibroids diagnosed,  2 submucosal
    3/14 Hashimoto diagnosed, began treatment
    3/14 first RE appointment
    5/14 successful lapriscopic myomectomy via power morcellation
    as of 7/14.....not so patiently waiting
    poss IUI/IVF fall 2014
      BIG Surprise BFP Aug 2014!

• megz0929 said:
    Have you been put on antibiotics? I'm probably overly stressed about it but gosh...it's literally been nonstop. I have all the fears that it can't be healthy for baby.
    What does your doctor say?

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• megz0929 said:

Antibiotics are not healthy for baby! That's why u use the garlic.

I can't even.
  • Out of the 6 times I was really sick I only got antibiotics once and only after a week of resting and not getting better
  • Sorry you ladies aren't feeling well. Hugs to you. Pregnancy is hard enough when you feel well I can't imagine when you are continually getting sick. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"