3rd Trimester
Options

Medela Pump in Style Advaced or Freestyle

I am trying to decide between the Medela Freestyle and the Pump in Style Advanced. I will be going back to work after 6 weeks and want to be able to pump as easily and efficiently as I can. The price difference isn't an issue for me because my insurance will cover either, and I have my own office so the portability of the freestyle isn't a huge factor. I will likely use a hands free nursing bra so I don't think the hands free perk of the freestyle is major for me either. Basically I just want the better pump.

Anyone have experience with either or both of these pumps and what would you recommend?

Thanks!

Re: Medela Pump in Style Advaced or Freestyle

• Options
    PISA plugs in and doesn't need to be charged. Freestyle needs to be charged from what I understand.
  • Options
    I pumped at work with my first. I have the Freestyle. It was also nice when I was pumping other places that I didn't need to worry about finding a plug. It is small, portable and works great.  I pumped over 2000oz for my stash alone, so it is definitely a great pump :)

I used it occasionally for pumping for DD#2 and intend on using it again in the next free weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my Medela PISA! I went back to work after 13 weeks with my DS and pumped 3x a day at work.  15-20 minutes and I was done and it always pulled a good amount of milk out.  I plan to use it for this baby as well, so it has held up well.  I own mine since they didn't cover breast pumps almost 5 years ago.  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    I have the PISA and it worked amazing for DD three years ago. Used it 3-4 times per day until she reached a year old and turned it on the other day and worked like a champ. I bought all new hoses, connectors, membranes and shields for Baby #2, but the pump itself is  champ.
    Baby #2 - BFP 6/13/2014 - EDD 2/17/2015 BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No personal experience yet, but I got the Pump in Style Advanced after reading a lot of info online. I got a car lighter adapter so I can plug it in and use it on the go if I need to. I'm also thinking of getting the "freemie" cups to use with it. They are more discrete.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"