How about a good ole fashioned FFFC?

Anyone have anything good?

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: How about a good ole fashioned FFFC?

• I have been coming home late on bath nights because I am so sick of L throwing a fit when I wash her hair. And now DH has a clue as to her crappiness during that part.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been coming home late on bath nights because I am so sick of L throwing a fit when I wash her hair. And now DH has a clue as to her crappiness during that part.

How the heck do we fix this? I've been giving her baths and only washing her hair every other time because of the struggle.

• miss50 said:
    I have been coming home late on bath nights because I am so sick of L throwing a fit when I wash her hair. And now DH has a clue as to her crappiness during that part.
    How the heck do we fix this? I've been giving her baths and only washing her hair every other time because of the struggle.
    No idea. I have tried blocking the water from her face, having her 'look up to the sky', put her her under the faucet, etc. Nothing seems to work. The soap doesn't hurt her eyes either, she told me so.

The worst is water on her face is so not the problem since she doesn't mind blowing bubbles or putting her face in the pool, so I have no idea how to fix it.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • That's the same threat I make @beebopandbuddy! :-)  Works great, especially since Nancy's hair is getting so long.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• I will have to try the washcloth. Maybe if I ask her again why it is bothering her that would help...

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • My manager is coming on site today. I am pissed because I came in to work early so I could leave early, now I can't. Also, she was to meet for lunch first. Hey jackass, some of us bring our lunch so we can eat at our desks to save some time. So now I am effing around on the internets in retaliation for not getting to leave early. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • I'm on our farthest campus today for software demos.

We've been promised this student tracking/advising software since I interviewed for this job almost 4 years ago.  Our VP is slimy and horrible too and he's the one that's doing the demos.  I'm leaving as soon as they're done.  Stupid day.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• DH is out of town next week and he just got a notice from the company he had to fly to Dallas for a couple day training next month. He is apologetic and asking if I am sure it is okay for him to be gone. I keep telling him we will be fine. 

TBH, things go a little smoother when I don't have to take care of him too.
    Like I said DH is on mids this weekend. Granted I'd rather have him home at night but things go so much better when it's one of us vs. two with B. He listens, doesn't throw a huge fit and goes to bed really well.  Plus he's better about eating dinner as well. Last night he pounded down so much food. I have no idea where he put it all.

• I wish I had something to confess.  Luckily this has been a pretty low key week.  I was possibly going to get together with a friend and her kids last night, but decided I didn't want to rush around and clean up in preparation.  I feel badly because I don't have a great reason for not getting together other than having to stay a bit late at work.  Oh well, Lily and I talked to my grandma and then dad on the phone, so I felt good about that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been eating dry lucky charms like its my day job.

This freaking cat is the WORST. Parades the house at night meowing, bites my head while I'm sleeping, and completely harasses me. Attacks and bites my feet all through the night, bites me when I'm BFing, ugh.

We just got in a fight. I pushed her down the stairs 7 times and she came back meaner every time. So I grabbed my peri bottle and drenched her. A quick squirt would have done the trick but I was mad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • I've been eating dry lucky charms like its my day job. This freaking cat is the WORST. Parades the house at night meowing, bites my head while I'm sleeping, and completely harasses me. Attacks and bites my feet all through the night, bites me when I'm BFing, ugh. We just got in a fight. I pushed her down the stairs 7 times and she came back meaner every time. So I grabbed my peri bottle and drenched her. A quick squirt would have done the trick but I was mad.

Sorry your cat has been a twatwaffle. is she on kitty Prozac? or was it the dog you put on Prozac? maybe she needs something like that.

my cat meows at night and tears the house up at night too for maybe 15min then shes tired and comes to bed. I attribute it to her getting senial. She's going on 12 so shes getting up there. How old is your cat?

• Washing Sawyer's hair sucks. We have to do it almost everyday because she always gets food in it. Because she refuses to let me do anything with it. And since she was throwing up all night she has puke in it today.

FFFC: I couldn't wait to go to work so I didn't have to deal with the sick kids. But I am taking the afternoon off so DH can go to work.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • Luci hates having her hair washed and combed.  It is super annoying!  We don't do baths every night though because her skin is so sensitive. 

DH gets to go home today.  I am happy about that, but SO nervous.  His midline incision, from his sternum to below his belly button, is still open.  It is covered, but open.  

My confession, I have been working, but I am too fucking tired to care anymore.  I need to put in time off hours, but I don't give a damn.  I guess I will be doing that Monday......

tryingtogrowareddenfamily.blogspot.com

lifeofadialysiswife.blogspot.com

• I'm making DH a cheesy coupon book for Valentine's Day. I figured it would be fun, get us out of our sexy time funk and it's a good laugh. He's going to die when he reads the coupons. I can't wait to see his face! I've only come up with 4 so far. I think that's enough, haha!

• I'm pretty sure mh comes home late on purpose to avoid his turn giving baths.

I'm still in my pjs.

This is a vent instead of a confession but I need to get out how much this week has sucked. Monday ds's school was closed bc of ice. Tuesday I had a dentist appt & my mom couldn't get here to watch dd, so I had to scramble & get mh to come home on lunch to watch her. Wednesday would've been my dad's 80th bday. Yesterday my supervisor, whom I've worked with for nearly 13 years was laid off. What will today bring?

• @bosha711 I'm sorry you're having a shitty week.  I hope the weekend is better!
  • Am I way in the minority that my kid only gets a full bath with hair washing once or twice a week?  She's clean, I swear.
  • Hyaline said:
    Am I way in the minority that my kid only gets a full bath with hair washing once or twice a week?  She's clean, I swear.
    My daughter takes showers/baths almost every day, but I usually only wash her hair every few days.  She has very little hair though. 
  • Both of my kids get baths and hair washing almost every day.  It's just part of their bedtime routine. Cruz would get multiple baths a day though if he had his choice.  

• Good grief, when my neighbor friends asked to come see the baby because they both had the day off I didn't know it would be an all day square dance. I thought they would walk over real quick which is why I said okay.

Me- sure I'm feeding how bout in an hour?
    Them- later would be better
    Me- okay...text me in advance. She takes an hour to eat.
    Them- (hours later) can we come over?
    Me- she is eating. Between 2-4 would work
    Them- how about in a few hours
    Me- idk she eats every 2-2.5 hours and it takes an hour. It depends if she is eating!
    Them- we'll swing by after dinner
    Me- I don't think it's going to work out today. I have family coming over at 6 and I am exhausted.

They saw her in the hospital for an hour because they both work there. Why would they want to see her again? Babies are so boring. I think they think they're being supportive? Shame on me for thinking it would be a really quick thing. Sigh.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • amandad715amandad715 member
    edited February 2015
    Good grief, when my neighbor friends asked to come see the baby because they both had the day off I didn't know it would be an all day square dance. I thought they would walk over real quick which is why I said okay. Me- sure I'm feeding how bout in an hour? Them- later would be better Me- okay...text me in advance. She takes an hour to eat. Them- (hours later) can we come over? Me- she is eating. Between 2-4 would work Them- how about in a few hours Me- idk she eats every 2-2.5 hours and it takes an hour. It depends if she is eating! Them- we'll swing by after dinner Me- I don't think it's going to work out today. I have family coming over at 6 and I am exhausted. They saw her in the hospital for an hour because they both work there. Why would they want to see her again? Babies are so boring. I think they think they're being supportive? Shame on me for thinking it would be a really quick thing. Sigh.
    Why can't people give new moms a bit of space? Why would they need to see her & you again, unless it's to quickly drop off a meal there is no need for 2 visits in a week!! 

How is BFing going now? Did you call that other LC from the hospital?
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am really irritated over the measles thing.  just vaccinate people.  just. vaccinate.  it's not 1843, we have advanced medicine. If you're worried, spread it out more.  I have hated Jenny McCarthy since SingledOut and I would just throat punch her if I ever saw her even more now - which could happen since she's from Chicago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @Hyaline‌ if DH didn't care about her bathing so often it would only be twice a week at our home as well.

• The boys get baths 2-3 times a week. I aim for Sunday tuesday and Thursday but it doesn't always happen. Ex, last Thursday I came home and the dogs had dumped over the trash can and there was garbage all over all 3 floors of our house. It took me almost an hour to clean it up. The boys had pb&j for dinner and no baths.
    H has never given them a bath. Ever. I fully plan on using that as leverage in our custody battle. F him.
    Maybe I'm a mean mom. I taught the boys to look up at the sky when I rinse out their hair. If they don't look up, they get water in their face. I wipe it off and say "can you look up now please?" I keep a dry washcloth in my lap when I wash their hair so that as soon as I am done I wipe their face with the dry washcloth, and then get it wet to wash their body.

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
  • I'm trying really hard not to fall into the pattern of making crap dinners for the boys, but man it's hard. They could care less if they have a grilled ham and cheese for dinner, and sometimes it's faster/easier. I always make sure we sit at the table and eat together but sometimes by the time we get home from work I don't want to spend a half hour in the kitchen cooking, I just want to be playing with them before bed! As it is I put every other chore off until they are in bed. I've perfected some quick healthy ish meals and do a lot of meal prep at nights after they go to bed but man, I'm exhausted.

• I'm trying really hard not to fall into the pattern of making crap dinners for the boys, but man it's hard. They could care less if they have a grilled ham and cheese for dinner, and sometimes it's faster/easier. I always make sure we sit at the table and eat together but sometimes by the time we get home from work I don't want to spend a half hour in the kitchen cooking, I just want to be playing with them before bed! As it is I put every other chore off until they are in bed. I've perfected some quick healthy ish meals and do a lot of meal prep at nights after they go to bed but man, I'm exhausted.

The crock pot is a working mom's best friend. I totally get what you mean. Sometimes you just do what you have to do. Don't feel bad about it. They are, they're happy, and they got to spend time with you. Mission accomplished.
  • Most of my crock pot recipes are 5-6 hours. I leave at 7 am and get home at 6pm. Even on low I would destroy anything I tried to cook for 11hrs

• There are many meals that can be on low for 10-12 hours. Does your crockpot turn to warm after a set time? That might help. @holly_1007

The more liquid the less destruction.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • edited February 2015
    I start with frozen meat often then, like @Flamingemu‌ said, I can do low for 8-10 then let it switch to warm after that.
  • Most of my crock pot recipes are 5-6 hours. I leave at 7 am and get home at 6pm. Even on low I would destroy anything I tried to cook for 11hrs
    This is my problem too.  I find I can really only cook frozen beef and have it turn out tender and moist and then DH turns it off after he gets home with the kids around 330.  

Don't feel bad @holly_1007.  Nancy would eat eggs, raw vegetables, grilled cheese, yogurt or peanut butter & jelly every single day if we'd let her.  We're eating out of the food groups & she's actually eating, so I look at it as a win.

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• Amen on the crockpot.   Start with frozen food, get one that goes to warm after 8ish hours or whatever and keep liquid in it.

Also, feed them what you can, it's not like you're giving them McDonald's every night.  If you can only do quick things on M-Th, then so be it.  Make healthier meals on Fr, S, Su when you have the time, they are still getting  great meals those 3 days then and good meals the other 4.  Steamable or canned veggies and a grilled cheese is way healthier than McDonald's!  I'm sure you're doing great!

• We do baths for both kids, even my kindergartner on S/T/Th also.  Their skin gets too dry if we do anymore anyway.  Once DS is older, he can give himself showers every night if he wants when he's like 8 years old.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"