Late Term and Child Loss
Options

PgAL Check In 1/30/15

schulme2schulme2 member
edited January 2015 in Late Term and Child Loss
Hi ladies!

Well, here's my first go at this check in! I am happy to take it over for now, since @ikrystal‌ obviously has more important things to take care of! Sending lots of prayers for Baby C!

How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Re: PgAL Check In 1/30/15

• Options
    How far along are you? 16 weeks, 5 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? First progesterone shot this coming Wednesday (was supposed to be this week but there was too much confusion between hospital/clinic/insurance/med company!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Not much, just still super tired and waiting for a good bump! I don't feel right taking bump pictures still because it just looks like I'm fat!

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now? Ok, I asked this because this is totally what's on my mind now and curious how the rest of you ladies have handled it. We found out on Monday that we're having another boy. DH and I were really hoping for a girl. I know it sounds silly and stupid because, obviously, we just want a living baby but after having b/g twins and losing our baby girl, I just feel in my heart that I'm supposed to have a boy and a girl here with me. I have never seen myself as the "mother of boys" and I am constantly missing all of those mother/daughter things that I never got to and will never get to do with Mary. I'm just still accepting this new change in perception and vision of our lives. I don't know why this is so hard! But I feel so guilty!

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Haha see above! I'm excited to be starting progesterone and feel like it's just an extra line of defense to help keep this little one in longer.
  • Options
    How far along are you?     27 weeks and 2 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?     Had an appt yesterday and U/S. Mac currently weighs 2.5lbs and is in the 87th percentile. He is also currently breech but doing well for the time being.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?      Tired all the time, heartburn and sore when I stand.

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now?   We are having a boy this time round. We were both hoping for another little girl b/c we feel like we didn't get to finish with our little girl and she was so wonderful. We are both happy though that we are having a boy but I am scared I won't know how to take care of a boy. I even asked my husband, "when putting on his diaper, do I pick a side". He just laughed at me and told me "there is no side in a diaper". See how much I know about boys. Lol!

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Just always worried bad things will happen. I want to bring home Mac and have a lifetime with him. Also, Brooke's 2nd birthday is coming up on Feb 17th. Can't believe I should have a almost two year old.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi ladies, thanks @schulme2 for taking over!

@schulme2- I worry about the same thing...of course I am overjoyed and so thankful to be having a baby at all.  With my amh this is quite possible our only child and I think I will be really sad to not have a girl again since we didn't get to do any girl things with Bunny.  It's hard bc I feel like I should be thankful for whatever (and I am) it's just hard.

@brittianym- can't believe Brooke's 2nd bday is coming up...thinking of you.

How far along are you?  9 weeks 1 day

Any upcoming appts or milesstones?  I graduated from my RE today...I NEVER thought I would see this day.  Waiting till Monday to hear when I go back to my OB.

qotw:  we don't know yet...I explained in my shout out above how I'll feel.

open topic:  I just can't believe I've made it this far...so thankful and then worried about the next few weeks.  I can do it..I can do it.  =)

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    Thanks for taking over @schulme2!

How far along are you? 28w 2 d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Just had my weekly BPP, baby boy looked great! Next fri I have another u/s and see my OB. On Monday I am taking my 3 hour GTT, (I failed my 1 hour) :( 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? hips are sore...ouchie. Feet have also started to hurt. No swelling that I can see

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now? Opposite sex of my angel, which is what we wanted. I was concerned about being able to separate my rainbow from my angel if it was another girl. I think if we try again, I would be better able to handle having another girl after I have parented a while.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Just worrying a lot more. Getting anxious. Today during our u/s at first I didn't see the heart beat, and I began to think the worst and have flashbacks. Didn't help of course that the CNA that checked us in was one we had with Ana and was there the day we found she passed. I don't like her, because she's just odd. Plus she commented about having GD "again" (never had it the first time) and blood pressure issues, again which I have never/do not currently have. Ugh. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    @schulme2 I completely understand your feelings about the gender thing ((hugs)

@BrittanyM  our boys are pretty close! At my u/s at 27 weeks he was 2lbs 9oz, and he is breech. My angel would be two in March. It is just all so hard. I'm sure you'll get the hang of little boys :) Have you considered buying a "pee-pee tee-pee?". I have been told I will need to have that or a washcloth close buy at all times when changing diapers! haha

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    @BrittianyM‌ glad to hear baby Mac us doing so well and he still has lots of time to get flipped around! I can't believe Brooke is going to be 2! Sending so many hugs!

@bunnybun4‌ congrats on Graduating from RE! The time between appts is so hard but I hope it goes by fast!

@shandorfml2‌ I'm so glad your little guy looked great and pray Monday goes well!! I don't blame you for not liking the lady at your appt. I had to totally change hospitals because I didn't want to see any of the same people/same things as last time.
  • Options
    msunshine123msunshine123 member
    edited January 2015
    @shulme2 - I don't blame  about being excited for the progesterone shots. In my opinion anything that can provide any bit of peace of mind is necessary and worthwhile to get through this pregnancy. Also do not feel guilty about your gender feelings - they're normal. You love and miss your baby girl so much which is why you feel sad - that's nothing to feel guilty about. You know you love this new little boy coming into your life.
    @BrittianyM - thinking of you as Brooke's birthday approaches. ((hugs)) I'm glad Mac is doing so well.
    @bunnybun4 - you can do it! Glad your LO is doing great and hope they continue.
    @shandorfml2 - so many hugs to you. The worry of not seeing a heartbeat that is how I feel at every ultrasound - I'm so anxious until I see it. Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well on Monday. That CNA sounds terrible - being inaccurate with your medical info. I'm with a different practice since we moved, but it would be hard for me going to the same one if we hadn't.

• Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? appointment in 3 weeks

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I love all the food :)

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now?
    Opposite gender. We honestly just wanted a living child. But it was hard finding out because it is hard to imagine a child different from the one we lost. We were so ready to be parents for our son and we miss him everyday. We feel like we didn't get our chance to be the parents to a son like we had planned and imagined. Naturally though we are thrilled with our daughter and getting more and more excited as we imagine and plan being parents to a daughter. We always knew we wanted kids of both genders - if we were lucky enough. But we do really miss our son and wish he was here for his little sister. I'm sad she won't have the big brother on this earth like I did with my brothers. So for me I'm sad because I miss my son, but I love my daughter so much and can not wait to meet her. I've spoken to other loss moms from our support group who have gone on to have kids and having mixed feelings about the gender is very normal.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? I want to go crazy planning and prepping. I love our little girl so much, more and more each day. But I'm so scared and worried for her - so for now I'm just kinda waiting and wishing time could fast forward.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks 4 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Nathaniel's first birthday is a week from today. It's hard to believe that it's been a year.
    Ultrasound on the 9th and OB appointment on the 10th.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Tired again. I haven't been sleeping well at night, but have been able to take a nap nearly every afternoon. My hips and legs have been hurting pretty badly lately. It gets worse as the day goes on.

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now? We are having a girl. I'm happy about it. It makes it a little easier for me to think that it's a different baby.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week. I started kick counting this week. Baby girl has been moving a lot so it hasn't been a big deal. I thought it was going to be hard. It hasn't been. 

Also I got some good news at my appointment this week. I am trying for a VBAC, but wasn't too optimistic about it actually happening because I was told that they would not induce me. I was told that they have changed their policy on that and now would do an induction and if they are not comfortable doing it they will send me to the university hospital and the MFM group would do it. I'm so glad. I don't want another c-section.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks, 5 days

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Appointment on Monday!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I'm starting to get really sick again. Lots of vomitting and food aversions. It's been tough but I'm still able to drink water.. I just don't want to her dehydrated and have to be hospitalized again!

Same sex which is what I wanted but, of course, now I have conflicting feelings about it. I just worry that people will think we've replaced Wesley or that we aren't sad about him because "we got our boy" as a few people have said. It's important to me that people understand that he is our second son and I'm sad that his brother isn't on earth with us.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Really hoping to stop throwing up at some point in this pregnancy. Getting excited/anxious about being in my third trimester.
  • Options
    @dadalou‌- that is great news about your VBAC. Thinking about you as Nathaniel's birthday approaches.

@shandorfml2- I'm so sorry for the anxiety you felt at your appointment. We had a similar experience last month and it was terrifying. So glad the little guy looked good!

@bunnybun4- congrats! So exciting to graduate from the RE!

@BrittianyM‌- 87th percentile! Go Mac! Do you have plans yet for Brooke's 2nd angelversary? Thinking about you..

@schulme2‌- thanks for taking over!!
  • Options

How far along are you? 10w5d

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?   I had my 10 week ultrasound last week and found out I have a SCH. :(  They didn't see anything in the previous two ultrasounds so I just keep worrying that it is currently growing.  I really didn't need anything else to stress about but I guess the universe disagreed.  They'll check on it next week at my 12 week ultrasound and will likely pull me off the progesterone at that time too. 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Not really.  My appetite is definitely picking up and I'm struggling trying to focus on mainly healthy foods to satisfy my appetite.

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now?    I don't know yet but I do have a preference, and it makes me sad that I do.  I know that this baby's sex is already determined, so I feel bad that I have a preference in case that preference doesn't coincide with what the baby is.  I really just want THIS baby and I want him/her to be healthy.  But I also know that if the baby is boy, I will mourn not being able to parent a girl on top of continuing to mourn the baby's big sister.  I'm actually kind of thinking it's a boy.  My son was adamant that my daughter was a girl and he was right.  When asked about this one, he most frequently says boy.  He does change it up every now and then and say girl, so I guess we'll see in another 9 weeks or so.  So far away still!!

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Just praying my SCH goes away so I can go back to being a little more relaxed for a while before the high anxiety starts later in the second trimester.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options

@schulme2, thanks for taking over the check-in!  I know it's much easier said than done (particularly given that I'm dealing with my own guilt over having a preference) but don't feel guilty for having the feelings you do about finding out that your LO is a boy.  It's not about your little guy.  It's about what you lost.  And you should never feel guilty about mourning what should've been.

@BrittianyM, thinking of you as you come up on Brooke's second birthday.  Do you have any plans for her birthday?

@bunnybun4, congrats on graduating from your RE!  Such an amazing milestone!

@shandorfml2, congrats on the 3rd trimester!  And best of luck to you today with your 3 hour.  Keep us posted!

@msunshine123, I think it's wonderful you're excited to plan and prep for your little girl!  I say go for it!  There's no such thing as jinxing things.  I think you should enjoy it while you're feeling the desire to buy for her.

@dadalou, I'll be thinking of you this week as you approach Nathaniel's birthday.  Do you have any plans for the day?  And yay for good news on the VBAC!

@Bgirma, congrats on the 3rd trimester!  I'm sorry to hear that it's bringing back sickness though.  I really hope it's just a temporary thing.  Sounds miserable.

August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• Options

shandorfml2     Wow, we are really close.  :)   I have heard of the pee-pee tee-pee and thinking about it. I will most likely use a wash cloth. Wondering how many times I am going to get peed on but welcome all of it. Lol!

dadalou    Thinking of you as Nathaniel's first birthday comes up.

CheesyPeas   I am sorry you have a SCH. I did too with this one during the first tri. Try not to worry, I know how hard that is, but most of them clear up without any problems. I will be praying for you.

Thank you everyone! Plans for Brooke's 2nd birthday is still coming together but I will for sure let you ladies know what when I know. She will have a cake but all the other is still up in the air at the moment.

Brooke Elizabeth born Feb 17, 2013 grew wings May 9, 2013 @ 11 weeks & 4 days old from SIDS

PitaPata Dog tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    msunshine123msunshine123 member
    edited February 2015
    @dadalou - thinking of you as Nathaniel's birthday approaches.
    @Bgirma - Congrats on being in your 3rd trimester. I'm so sorry you are getting very sick again - I hope it does get worse and clears up fast.
    @CheesyPeas - I'm sorry to hear about the SCH. I hope goes away so you can relax a bit.

• Options
    I failed my 3 hour ladies. Ugh.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    ***lurking***
    ((Hugs)) @shandorfml2‌ - that is upsetting, but you can do this!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    @shandorfml2‌ Ughhhh I'm sorry! So what happens now?
  • Options
    Oh no.  I'm so sorry @shandorfml2.  So are you monitoring for a while to see if you can control it with diet or do they want you to do injections?
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 

• Options
    I am so, so late to this check in - I am sorry!  Every time I went to post a reply, something happened (internet connection went out, basement flooded, you get the idea).  Baby C is hanging tough and I will be posting an update later today or tomorrow on my blog.  We should have an induction date today when I go to the OB :)

schulme2 Thank you again for taking over the check in!  How did your progesterone shot go?  I've found that they get easier after the first couple of weeks. I totally understand the feelings you have about finding out the gender.  Don't be hard on yourself - many of us have been there.  You will be a wonderful "boy" mom. 

BrittianyM  Thinking of you as Brooke's birthday approaches.  Big hugs. 

bunnybun4 Congrats on graduating from the RE!

shandorfml2 I'm sorry you had a stressful ultrasound and I'm sorry to hear that you failed your 3 hour.  I hope you and your doctors can come up with a plan you are all comfortable with.  Best wishes. 

msunshine123  You're right, the mixed feelings about gender is common.  I hope you get more comfortable as time goes on planning and preparing for baby girl.  I know it took me awhile (which is why I am so behind), but you will get there :)

dadalou  Thinking of you, as always, while Nathaniel's birthday nears.  I am glad you have the option for a VBAC!  

Bgirma  Congrats on the third trimester!  Hope you feel better soon. 

CheesyPeas  I'm sorry to hear about the SCH.  I had one this pregnancy as well.  It was gone the next week.  They are common and tend to fix themselves -  I hope that yours does the same. 

• Options
    I will be meeting with a nutritionist and checking blood sugars. I havent been contacted yet about setting up my appointment so im pretty anxious.

My Blog

Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• Options
    @shandorfml2 - I'm so sorry to hear you failed the 3 hour test.
  • Options

Sorry to do a drive by, but this is the first time I've been at my office (and thus at a computer) in a while, so I just wanted to update really quickly.

How far along are you?     36 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?     Appointment tomorrow.  I am now the most pregnant I have ever been! 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?      Swollen, tired, the usual.  The potentially big news is that I lost my mucus plug on Tuesday and had my bloody show yesterday, so I think baby girl will be making her appearance any day now.

QOTW: Are you currently pregnant with the same/opposite sex as your angel baby(ies)? Before knowing were you hoping for one way or the other? How do you feel now?   We are having a girl this time, and our son is our angel.  Before we knew I was hoping for a girl, because I wanted people to really differentiate between the two.  It is so weird to me that we will now have a daughter, but we are very excited.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  I am so consumed with when this baby is going to come!  I would love for her to cook longer, but now that I've had signs pointing to her imminent arrival, I am getting impatient!  I am definitely worried about my emotional state once I've actually given birth again, it's going to be so crazy holding another baby that is ours.

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

• Options
    @erinel - excited for you as your little girl will be here soon. Hoping mom and baby have a smooth and safe delivery - ((hugs)) :)
  • Options

@erinel - excited for you as your little girl will be here soon. Hoping mom and baby have a smooth and safe delivery - ((hugs)) :)

Thanks! I have my appointment today, hopefully I'll have a better idea of what is going on!

Me 32 (Stage IV Endometriosis, short luteal phase) DH 38

Married 5/2010

January 2014- DS born healthy at 35.4 weeks

February 2014- DS passed away due to complications from adenovirus

February 2015- Rainbow baby DD born at 36.3 weeks

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/42fd32 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"