July 2015 Moms
Options

Weight gain!

Hi there i'm new to bump and i'm 17 weeks today due 16th July :). I was just wondering how much weight everybody has put on I've gained 6.8 KGs I have a small figure and am just worried i'm going to end up huge if I keep gaining weight rapidly as I was told you should gain from 9 - 12 KGs all together and i'm almost there.

Re: Weight gain!

• Options
    Now I'm worried, I was 77kg at 13 weeks. Got weighed yesterday at 17 weeks and I'm 78kg. I think there scales are wrong because I feel like a whale
  • Options
    I have been tracking my calorie intake with an app called fitness pal. It's helped me to figure out if I'm eating too much or too little. I gained about the same as you in just as much time and it totally freaked me out. My husbands going to have to roll me into the delivery room if I keep up this pace!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Try not to worry about it too much. Just keep trying to make mostly healthy food choices and drink plenty of water. Also do some sort of activity at least 4 times a week. Most the weight falls off if you breast feed and eat well after. Don't worry!! Babe needs the weight ;)
  • Options
    It varies person to person. Everyone is different and different sizes of people should gain differently. I'm down 15lbs and if this is anything like the previous two I'll loose 15-35 more pounds when it's all done bc that's how my body handles pregnancy.
    DS #1 Born 01/23/09
    Married 03/18/10
    DS #2 Born 05/19/11
    DS #3 Due 07/26/15

• Options
    I know how you feel. I'm only 15 weeks (can't believe we're supposed to go a full 40! Sometimes a couple weeks less or a couple weeks more) and have almost already gained half of my recommended weight. I was told 5-6 lbs the first trimester and up to one pound each week after that up to a total of 25-30 lbs throughout the whole pregnancy for my bmi. My doctor hasn't said anything to me about my weight gain yet though so I will try not to worry about it too much since I am eating healthy. You have to remember though, most of the weight gain isn't just you, there's the baby itself, the placenta, your uterus grows, plus your body retains more fluids and there's a decent amount more of blood pumping through your system. :smile:

If you are really worried about it for health reasons, I would definitely bring it up with your doctor so they can let you know where you should be at and some healthy and safe ways to stay within the range that is best for your pre pregnancy bmi.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Each pregnancy I have had...my body gains weight..so with this unexpected pregnancy my first thought was, oh jeez hello being big as a whale. It does come off after but each one is more work...
    As I look at women who look like a bouncy ball is stuffed in there shirt..I long to look like that throughout my pregnancy...reality its not happening..my body does what it needs to produce a healthy baby..& thats whats needing to remind ourselves...
    Each of us are built differently...eat well meaning healthy, & feel well.
  • Options
    I've gained about 3 or 4 pounds im 15wks 2 days
  • Options
    I started gaining within weeks of getting pregnant, I had no appetite most of the time and weighed 113 lbs before I got pregnant, now I'm always hungry and weigh 133 at 18 weeks 2 days.
  • Options
    I've been wondering about this too because I'm 18 weeks and have only gained 3lbs (largely because I lost some weight due to morning sickness in the 1st tri-) My OB didn't seem worried because I have a small frame, and she says its normal to be slow gaining as a first time mom, especially with my body type, but said I should gain 25lbs by the end. I just wonder when it will catch up! Haha
  • Options
    I'm up 12.5 pounds at 16w3d (well, up 12.5 pounds since I got my BFP). :( I gain A LOT when pregnant. With DD I started at 162 and delivered at 212. With DS I thought it was different because I started out at 132, but nope, I hit almost 200 with him. This time around I started at 162 (already borderline overweight).

I work out 3x/week and don't indulge too much on sweets. In fact, I am on a limited diet due to many food allergies. Yet I am still gaining A LOT. It's really depressing.

But I just keep telling myself I've had 2 successful full-term pregnancies, both my kids were 8+ pounds, no delivery/birth complications, etc. so it seems like my body just NEEDS the extra weight to sustain a healthy pregnancy.

I always get jealous of people who get just a belly bump and that's it. I'm already showing weight gain in my face, arms, etc. as well as my belly.

(Sorry, just a sensitive subject at the moment, worrying about a lecture from my OB on Wednesday.)
    Mama to two crazy kiddos
    J -- 9/04
    L -- 11/10
    E -- 7/15

• Options
    18 weeks so far only 5 pounds :/ I'm a little concerned but my doctors says it's okay
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and I've gained 7 lb so far. I was already over weight so I've been really watching what I put in my body. I'm getting mixed reviews from my doctors about my weight. One saying my bmi is to high and I need to see a nutritionist, the other saying I'm doing great and to keep up the good work!
  • Options
    With my oldest kid, I started out overweight and gained 61 lbs., then dropped 100 lbs. in his first year. I have since gained a lot of weight again.

With my almost 10-month-old, I gained 32 lbs. (also started out overweight), and lost all 32 lbs. by the time he was 6 weeks old, and then stayed at my starting weight right up until I got pregnant again.

This time, so far I've only gained 2 lbs. and it's apparently all in my belly because my face has gotten thinner. I think my weight gain will be less this time because I'm chasing my little one everywhere.  :D

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Options
    8 lbs. at 19w5d.   I have a normal BMI.
  • Options
    I haven't gained anything yet, and I will be 18 weeks on Saturday but I have hyperemesis gravidarum with my pregnancies and that contributes to much weight loss for me during pregnancy. With my Daughter I only gained 14 pounds my entire pregnancy and it wasn't until I was 7.5 months that I gained my first pound. I wouldn't worry one way or the other. Your baby is taking what it needs and as long as you are eating healthy and keeping active, you will be fine. Even if you gain 60 pounds, as long as you are healthy, that's all that matters :) Don't stress ladies!
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've gained 5 pounds and I am 17 weeks. I'm pretty sure it all went to my butt. :) Several people have commented on the fact that my face looks thinner, and I've only got the tiniest of bumps going on (though I get some pretty gnarly bloat by the end of the day). OB wants me to gain a little bit more, but I am eating PLENTY (and good things, too), so we'll see how that goes.
  • Options
    I havent gained any yet... Actually have lost 2 lbs... But my sis was the same way... We both were overweight before pregnancy and she ended up being about 28lbs lighter a little after giving birth. I'm eating well I think but it is a little weird to not gain ANYTHING yet... I'll ask about it on Thursday at my appointment...oh and I'm 18 weeks
  • Options
    16 weeks and I have gained 6 pounds but I look like I have gained about 20 because everything is spreading out ::sigh::

Dr said my weight is right on track and to keep eating like I have been :) ..... mostly salad, because it is all I feel like eating
  • Options
    I am 19+4 and at my ob check I have gained about 8 lbs so far. No clue where it has gone, I only have a teeny bump
  • Options
    18 wks and 4 days and no weight gain doctor is not concern baby is growing and looking great
  • Options
    At about 14 weeks I had gained 14.5 pounds and the doctor told me that was too much and that I needed to be very careful about what I eat. Two weeks later I think I have finally gained control and haven't gained anymore.
  • Options
    @ThisMakes5‌ I so wish I had the desire to eat a salad! I used to love salad before getting pregnant, now its an aversion.
  • Options
    I was stressing out bc I have gained 9 lbs so far at 18 weeks.  I am only 4'11, so 9 lbs for me means a lot more than an average sized person.  My belly is huge, and i'm slightly depressed.  
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks and I haven't gained a pound, I've had no morning sickness so I haven't lost any weight either. I was really worried about it because I have a small frame, I'm 5'1" and weigh 110lbs, but my doctor says I'll pack on the pounds soon enough when this little guy starts growing more. Still feeling anxious about it though.
  • Options
    I'm 18 weeks and I haven't gained a pound, I've had no morning sickness so I haven't lost any weight either. I was really worried about it because I have a small frame, I'm 5'1" and weigh 110lbs, but my doctor says I'll pack on the pounds soon enough when this little guy starts growing more. Still feeling anxious about it though.
    Dont feel anxious, many women wish they wouldnt gain weight like you're not.  
  • Options
    @lynlopez‌ we must have a very similar due date since I'm also 18 w 4d ...and we both haven't gained ... Do you know what you are having yet?
  • Options
    Just weighed in at week 16 and no gain
    Still 147lb
  • Options
    20 weeks and gained 7lb. But feeling huge!
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and have gained 7 pounds. With previous pregnancies is have always delivered around 200 pounds, but I always get the extra weight off within a year after delivery.
  • Options
    I gained 8 pounds in one month. Lol I was underweight to start off with though..
  • Options
    @almostawhitehead‌ im due july 10 and yes it a girl!!!
  • Options
    I'm due July 16th too! I've gained 7 lbs - but refuse to weigh myself again until my 20 week appt. Trying not to get too obsessed with it. Do you know what you are having yet?
  • Options
    17 week tomorrow and I haven't gained or lost any. Started or pretty over weight so my Dr is not concerned. I should gain around 15 lbs by 40 weeks. With my son I only gained 16 lbs. Hopefully I can do that again.
  • Options
    Ive gained 20lbs and im only 17weeks...i feel horrible when i read those "recommended weight gain" articles...i dont feel like i eat a bunch either:( hopefully ill be one of those lucky ones who gains the most at the beginning, and not much towards the end
  • Options
    Well.. With my oldest I gained 14 pounds up untill 7 months.. Then I got toxemia and got really sick and gained a total of 100 pounds.. My second I got pre eclampsia and gained 50 pounds.. This one I am 18.3 and I lost 18 pounds.. Have gained 10 back so far.. Technical I haven't gained anything yet going by my pre pregnancy weight. Lol. (Lost 30 with both girls before I started gaining)
  • Options
    I am at 20 weeks...due the 1st of July and have gained 10 lbs. I just started to pop out this last week but the weight gain feels most significant in my boobs, ass, and back fat. I was really nauseous until at least 14 weeks but sadly the cure for that was eating more often...and usually carbs. I am hoping to force myself to eat a bit more balanced but that means I have to buckle down at the grocery store. I work at a hospital and their food is pretty awful in either taste or nutrition. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"