Multiples
Options

Twins - Lower than average fetal weight

Help - I just had my 20 week Ultrasound and the dr said that Baby B has historically weighed less than the normal weight.. While Baby A is coming in at a "healthy" weight, my Baby B is lagging behind. For instance: at 21 weeks pregnant, Baby B weighed 11 ounces instead of 12.7... doesn't sound like a lot but they are saying it could be contributed to a chromosome or syndrome.
Any input would be appreciated. Has this happened to anyone?

Re: Twins - Lower than average fetal weight

• Options
    Hello there I have a similar issue twin A has been the bigger baby through this pregnancy then twin B. My doctors tell me its 11 percentile difference that is a sign of twin to swin transfusion syndrome. Its scary news but so far so good aside the weight issue.
  • Options
    I think it depends on the type of twins. I had di/di twins and baby A was always smaller. However they weren't concerned too much as she was gaining weight properly along her own growth scale. I did have a couple growth scans pushed to 3 weeks instead of 4 to keep an eye on them. Babies were always 6 ounces off and were born exactly that way and have oddly enough stayed that way.

TTC #1 since December 2009
    IVF #1 - 6/2 Start Stims 6/14 ER 6/19 ET (2 embies transferred) BFP 6/27/11! Beta #1 87 Beta #2 197!! 1st U/S 7/19 (5 embies in storage!)
    7/19/11 -- One Beautiful Heart Beat!!
    It's a BOY!!

Jack Austin born at 37w; 2/10/2012

Working on Baby #2; FET scheduled for 1/8/2013!!! Cancelled due to nasty flu sickness :(
    FET 1.0 re-scheduled for 2/26/13! -- BFN
    FET #2 scheduled for May 2013 -- BFN
    Onto IVF #2....scheduled for June 2013, cancelled due to high estrogen levels
    IVF 2.1 re-scheduled for Sept. 2013 ER 9/26. ET 10/1 (2 transferred, 1 in storage). BFP 10/10 beta #1 105, beta #2 255
    Ultrasound 11/1 -- TWINS!!
    Both Girls!! <br>

Harper Grace & Hailey Ryann born at 33w6d; 5/8/2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"