Baby Showers

Should I/ Shouldn't I?

Everyone on this board is so well informed on etiquette, I hope you can help me out!

My husband and I recently adopted a baby boy. In our state, the birth mother has 30 days to change her mind (revocation period).  My sister is throwing me a shower in March after the period has passed.  I was putting together a registry on BBR, the lady there suggested that I write what size clothing he wears, and is expected to wear in each season.  Is that in poor taste?  I see that it would be helpful. Is there a polite way to write it- or do I skip it altogether and just assume people will guess. He will already be almost 2 months old by the time of the shower, it's kind of a rare situation, and I have never dealt with it before.

"Even miracles take a little time"

Re: Should I/ Shouldn't I?

• Congrats on your adoption!

As for your shower, everyone who knows you well enough to be invited to the shower should know that he won't be a newborn by the time the shower rolls around.  I don't think you need to make a special mention of it on the registry.  People who want to get clothes for the baby will either ask what size he wears or take a wild guess and include a gift receipt.  There's no way to really accurately guess anyway.  My kids were within an ounce of each other when they were born.  My DD wore 6-9 month sizes for a (relatively) long time -- maybe 2 or 3 months?  DS blew through that stage in a few weeks.  You just never know.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • You can make the notes. It's not in poor taste as long as you understand folks will buy what they want & you don't get bent out of shape about it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks! This whole process has me in uncharted territory and I find myself trying to figure things out as I go!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• You could register for the clothes in sizes you'd like so people that shop from the registry don't have to calculate especially if they don't have kids themselves and have no idea. That would be extremely helpful. You will probably get a lot of clothes not off the registry in general but you can return a lot of it even without receipts. You never know. My first son was big and only wore newborn clothes for a week. By the time he was 6 months he was wearing 2Ts! With DS2, I had to buy a whole wardrobe of 9-18 month sizes we skipped over with our first.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sorry, but im trying to imagive a 6 months old baby wearing 2Ts!!!! He must be huge!!!!
  • oliv0026 said:

I am sorry, but im trying to imagive a 6 months old baby wearing 2Ts!!!! He must be huge!!!!

The point of this comment and multiple !!!!!!!!! ?

I had a large first child and these comments are ignorant and rude. I have a second child that is underweight and the OMG he's sooooo little comments are just as rude

• OMG I am so sorry!!!!! I did not mean to be rude or in any bad way. I am so sorry. I never meant to offend you!
  • I would leave the clothes off (people LOVE buying clothes so they just will) or strategically register for varying sizes for different weather (short sleeved, etc). But really, don't think so hard and enjoy yourself :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"