May 2014 Moms

Finding the right clothing…?

Hi Moms,
I am 29 weeks pregnant and am in my senior year of college. For my capstone I designing a clothing line for "huskier" babies. I have talked to a lot of my mom friends and they have expressed that finding clothing that fits their baby properly is difficult. The month on the clothing conducive to the babies age is too tight and then if they bump up a size its too long. Have any of you run in to this problem? What brands have you found suits your problem best, and what brands were the worst when it came to fitting your baby. Was the clothing tight in the legs or arms or stomach? Do you have a little boy or girl? Any other info or input that might help when designing this line? Thanks ;)

Re: Finding the right clothing…?

• I'd say size by age is kinda stupid. It should be based on height and weight.
    I have a girl and a boy. My girl was average size and when she was six months, she would wear a size 9 months. That was consistent into toddler sizes.
    My son is a bit bigger than average and he is 8 months but wearing a size 12 month clothes and some 18 month sleepers. He seems to have a long body so overalls do not fit well.
    I am in Canada so clothing options/brands may be different but Carters seem to fit best as well as maintain shape wash after wash.
    Joe fresh clothing (especially shirts) fit wide. Pekkle pjs fit small and seem to shrink in length.
    Hope this helps a little!
  • My daughter is 8months and almost getting too big for 12month clothing. We are using 12-18minth clothes. Carters fits the best. But the sleeves sometimes are too long. For the pants I like the thinner waistband so when she has a big milk belly it's not all tight. Also a lot of the pants are way to tight in the butt and thighs before they get to be too tight in the waist. My daughter has always been 85percentile and up, so 'husky' clothing would be nice :) some Carters does have a weight along with months on the tag. So usually that's what I go by when purchasing. But that still doesn't solve the length of the sleeves issue.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is 8 months.  He's huge and we cloth diaper so I have a heck of a time.   Carters seems so inconsistent.  Some Carters 18 months pants still fit and several of the Carters size 24 months are too tight.   We haven't been able to use footie pajamas in months.  If they are long enough, the arms and legs are super-skinny.    I don't have many outfits from there, but Old Navy seems to have some roomier styles. 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"