Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Positive OPK three days in a row

I was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences.  I'm using the first response OPK.  I've had three positives in the past three days.  Testing was done approx at the same time between noon and 2pm each day.  Looking for some insight.  thank you!

Re: Positive OPK three days in a row

• Options
    I had four positive OPK's last month. I started testing 4 days before I expected to O.  You're really suppose to stop testing after your first one.  I wasn't sure what was going on with my 4 + OPKs so I Googled it (of course) and read that it happens often to women and that it could mean that either your body was having a hard time pushing the egg out and therefore you had a longer surge or it could be double ovulation.  I wouldn't worry too much about it. 
    Me: 31 | H: 32
    Married September 2014
    TTC #1 December 2014
    RE appt 12/2015
    CD3 labs normal | HSG 1/8/16 clear | H's SA excellent
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility
    February 2016, cycle 16 - cycle #1 with Letrozole 5mg + TI | Progesterone=20.6
    BFP 2/24/16 - EDD 11/7/16
    It's a girl!
    Isla Quinn born 10/29/16 at 38w5d via C/S
    --------
    TFAS March 2018
    RE consultation 8/2/18
    Suprise! BFP 8/8/18 natural cycle | EDD 4/19/19
    It's a girl!
    Afton Noelle born 4/10/19 at 38w5d via natural VBAC
  • Options
    Yep. That's happened to me and plenty of people. That's why temping is so important to actually pinpoint your ovulation day. Read a book called TakING charge of your fertility or go to fertility friend.com to learn about it. Good luck.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had used used OPKs every cycle for over a year and had two cycles where I also experienced a positive (or what I interpreted as a positive) for multiple days in a row. Even though I know you're not supposed to text after the first day you receive a positive, I have no self-control! Hehe!

Anyway, I ended up switching to digitals because the lined tests are really left up to the user to interpret a line... Is the line dark enough? Should I test another day? Unnecessary stress. I used Clearblue Advanced, which gave an empty circle on non-surge days, a smiley face on the day or two leading up to a surge, and a flashing smiley face on your most fertile day. This way, there is NO mistaking if it is a positive or not.

As others have said, using OPKs only tests the LH surge in your system on any given day, but canNOT tell you if you actually ovulated or not. Tempting will give you that piece of knowledge. (I have no advice on temping... never temped... Couldn't remember to do so to save my life!!)

Good luck! :-)
    TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• Options
    I'm not entirely sure who @tleigh1974 is angry at... but holy hell did this escalate quick!
  • Options

Women adorable
    Women are adorable     ?
    Women, adorable    ?
    Women. Adorable   ?

Sorry I'm completely confused by your grammar and what exactly you are trying to say?
    That women are adorable. vroue is adorable jou fokken retard
  • Options
    Hi! We are moving through reported posts as we get them. If you see anything that violates TOU, please report it and our team will issue warnings accordingly.

Thank you.
  • Options
    .Lurker.. Wow, what a peach! 

Love - 2006
    Marriage - 2012
    TTC #1 - July 2014
  • Options
    I've seen others get banned for a hell of a lot less. Sad.
  • Options
    @BumpAdmin‌ @BumpTara‌ @BumpCaitlin‌ Why has his person not been banned yet? Is posting a link to the newbie blog more offensive then what she said? Or is this the type of community you want?
  • Options
    Man, am I sad I missed this before posts got deleted. 

This place is a mess!
  • Options
    katiebeth93katiebeth93 member
    edited February 2015
    I'm not entirely sure who @tleigh1974 is angry at... but holy hell did this escalate quick!
    She flew off the handle because someone asked her not to use the term "babydust." Seriously.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"