September 2015 Moms

Who's getting waxed??

edited February 2015 in September 2015 Moms
ive been faithful at getting my Brazilian waxed for the past 3 years; however, I am wondering if I should continue that now that I am preggers. Any other waxers in the building? If so, do you plan on continuing that extra monthly maintenance on Queen Gyna? Lol

Re: Who's getting waxed??

• I've waxed for years and did my whole pregnancy with my DS and I plan to with this LO too. I don't see why you shouldn't continue. It may hurt a little more. I think it's a good way to maintain things down there, esp when the bump gets big and it's hard to see what's going on.
  • I was an Esthetician for 5 years and I mainly did waxing. I have waxed several pregnant ladies. Like Bookbug12 said it will hurt a little more but other than that it should be completely safe. I would just make sure you go to a place that does not double dip their sticks into the wax. Bacteria can grow in the wax from others before you and you don't want them to transfer the bacteria to you and your lady bits.
    I also will be waxing during my pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been getting Brazilians for 4 years and plan to continue throughout my pregnancy. I may decrease the frequency and I did notice more pain the last time. Maybe because I usually take Ibuprofen beforehand but could not after my BFP.
  • The pain factor is already horrendous for me so I can only imagine now that I am preggers
  • I did laser a few years ago (AMAZING!!!!!!!) but these hormones have kicked up a few strays.

I can't IMAGINE waxing right now. I'm a child with pain tolerance (laser was indescribably painful).

I have thought about asking my esthetician to trim me, though :) Hope that's ok.

I, too, still want Queen Gyna to be a pleasant zone :))
  • I have never, never in my life been tempted to let my lady bits get anywhere near the waxing center... HOWEVER... I've noticed that things are getting a lot more hairy than usual, and I'm almost tempted.

Almost. But not quite.

More power to you ladies!
  • I've never waxed my "peach" as my mom calls it, she swear by it. I'm totally happy with my razor and shave cream. However, I've come to the horrific realization that come soon I'm not going to be able to shave because I'm not going to be able to see my peach and may in fact go and get waxed.... However, hearing about the pain without being pregnant and then going for my first time while pregnant is making me consider the idea of embracing my hairy self hahahaha
  • raspellraspell member
    edited February 2015
    You and me both!

P.S. Your username cracks me up!
    I've never waxed my "peach" as my mom calls it, she swear by it. I'm totally happy with my razor and shave cream. However, I've come to the horrific realization that come soon I'm not going to be able to shave because I'm not going to be able to see my peach and may in fact go and get waxed.... However, hearing about the pain without being pregnant and then going for my first time while pregnant is making me consider the idea of embracing my hairy self hahahaha

• ReeIsPgReeIsPg member
    edited February 2015
    I've been bikini and Brazilian waxing for about 20 years now and I wasn't about to stop totally.  During my 1st pregnancy, I had my Brazilian wax done until about my 7th month.  My friends would joke around that it's good training for child birth pain. lol  I'm 6 weeks today and I have an appt. for a wax right before Valentine's Day.  I'm not sure how long I'll keep them up for this pregnancy, but I'm going to try for as long as possible. 
  • I was worried about this also because I prefer waxing over shaving. Feels so much better despite the temporary pain. I asked the last that does my wax and she said there is nothing to worry about and that some things can be hard to reach later that I will probably feel better continuing to wax. At this point since I feel so bloated, tired and totally NOT sexy... Waxing is definitely going to continue for me.
  •  I did it all of my pregnancy with LO #2. I haven't done it since.
    Pregnant with #3, after thee, three's complete!!
  • Laser is a million times worse than wax. But I feel like my hair is now getting darker with pregnancy, not cool.
  • raspell said:

You and me both!

P.S. Your username cracks me up!

I've never waxed my "peach" as my mom calls it, she swear by it. I'm totally happy with my razor and shave cream. However, I've come to the horrific realization that come soon I'm not going to be able to shave because I'm not going to be able to see my peach and may in fact go and get waxed.... However, hearing about the pain without being pregnant and then going for my first time while pregnant is making me consider the idea of embracing my hairy self hahahaha

</blockquote

Thanks so much!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"