May 2015 Moms
Options

Maternity pants... Need suggestions

ashby83ashby83 member
edited January 2015 in May 2015 Moms
I HATE maternity bottoms! I want to just wear leggings and be done with it. The only problem is I mainly find cheap see-through leggings or the fabric beads up and collects so much lent. HELP! Any suggestions on brand and quality? I really really don't want to spend a lot of money because this is temporary.

Re: Maternity pants... Need suggestions

• Options
    I have a black pair from old navy that you cannot see through and are very comfy!! I also got a few from motherhood maternity that are more the slick, shiny leggings and you cannot see through them :) good luck searching
  • Options
    Lululemon has the BEST pants. They aren't "maternity" but the "roll-down" leggings go up to your belly button and come in super cute patterns/colors!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the motherhood maternity ones that go up high, but as I wash them more they are becoming see through. I have 2 pairs from target (Liz Lange) that are super thick, but they are the low ones and as I'm growing, the high ones seem more comfy.
  • Options
    Pea in the pod has some point pant leggings that are pretty thick.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Old Navys are the cheapest. Around $15 a pair or less on sale and are not see through but run a little big. Also, i have a long torso, so as Im getting bigger they're getting less comfy (they're full panel)

Gap's are around $30, are softer than old navys and more comfortable and true to size

*Gap and Old Navy have tons of coupons so you can get them pretty cheap if you keep an eye out!

IMO Motherhood's are the most comfortable without being sheer (initially) but are around $25 or so and eventually pill/become sheer/develop holes after washing. The cheapest ive hotten them is buy one get one 50% off at Macys and the Motherhood Store

Ive tried a few from target but Im not crazy about them and they were in the $20 + price point

Anyone tried the $10 ones from walmart? Id like to know how those are.

(Im a stay at home mom. I literally live and sleep in leggings so ive amassed a fairly large collection)
  • Options
    I found a pair at Ross for $6 and they were not sheer but they did bead up.
  • Options
    I'm a huge fan of old navy's!
    The leggings I could live in
  • Options
    Does Old Navy have a maternity section in the store or do I have to buy them online??
  • Options
    I got the fleece lined leggings from Walmart in a couple of different colors and they are very warm and comfortable and not see through at all. I just hand wash them as needed. If you throw them in the wash they will probably bead up. I also bought two pairs of maternity jeans from Ross and I love them. They were only $16 a pair. They are comfortable and a nice option to have here since it's still a little chilly. I, honesty, bought all my maternity stuff at Ross/marshalls. Like pp said, it's temporary.
  • Options
    I love old navy leggings but hate their maternity jeans. I bought 2 pairs of jeans and a pair of black pants at motherhood maternity and they were only $35-$40 each. I don't wear maternity tops but absolutely needed some bottoms. These are comfortable unlike the old navy ones that made me itch and bucked up awkwardly. I also purchased work slacks at MM and they are so comfortable and cute.
  • Options
    I personally prefer pants, but my friend swears by carrefour maternity leggings! Idk if you have them where you live
  • Options
    sb184sb184 member
    edited February 2015
    I have some from old navy that I love. They are cotton and you can't see through them. I also have some more stretchy ones from motherhood that are great and non see through too.
    And yes the old navy I go to carries maternity in store.
  • Options
    Yep, Old Navy has a maternity section in the store. It's not very big but I always have really good luck in that section. IMO their clothes are good quality and are decently priced.
  • Options
    Pinkblushmaternity.com has them for $23 and they are the most comfortable I have found and not see through at all. I have had mine for 3 months and they aren't pilling at all either.
  • Options
    I actually found some maternity yoga pants from old navy. They were $0.97!!! And they are so comfy!!
  • Options
    Loft maternity has a great ponte pant that is like a thicker legging. I have three pairs of their pants in maternity styles and they all fit beautifully. Prices aren't too bad when you they have an extra sale on the sale section.
  • Options
    YMI hyper stretch jeans come in all different colors and are cheap. Not maternity but they stretch great and are super comfy.
  • Options
    Old navy makes a great maternity pant, they wash and wear well! I have some from target too. The under the belly bands are the WORST! The band gets funky after being washed, and dried. I'm having the target pants re-banded for over the belly. The pants themselves are nice, but the band is the worst. I wear yoga pants most days, also from target. Champion reversable (with hidden pocket), I bought these pre-pregnancy and they are working well for me still! The band comes up high, and they are not shear at all. They are $40 a pair, but worth the $. Quality product for pregnancy and post baby!
  • Options
    I got a pair from motherhood as a gift, with the panel and they are a dream! I always avoided the panel with my other two pregnancies, but that was silly :-)

I also bought two pairs from Gap. The day my friend suggested them I went on and with all the sales got them for $13 each. I didn't get the high panel now and wish I had! But they are soft, comfortable and not see through!

And I agree, I live in leggings :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    At home I live in Motherhood and Old Navy leggings and yoga pants.
    They are the least expensive that I've found and aren't see thru.
    I always have good luck finding them at thrift stores too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"