Multiples
Options

Did you have any help?

My twins are 8 weeks old and I am trying to do it all on my own since my husband works long hours, we don't have family in town except my mom and she comes over for a few hours. Did you have any help with your babies? It's very exhausting and I don't get much done other than feed them and they cry a lot. Just wondering how other moms do it!

Re: Did you have any help?

• Options
    I had help until they were 5 weeks old. My mom stayed with us. That first week she left I was like whoa!!!! They are 9 weeks now, and I am definitely starting to see more of a pattern with them. My boy is fairly needy as he has reflux, but that seems to be getting better. I struggle with not much one on one time with my 2 year old as I am always feeding someone it feels like.

TTC for 1.5 years with a crappy RE. 12 cycles with clomid (11 too many)
    New RE, 3 failed IUI's moving to IVF with ICSI
    IVF#1 BFP EDD 1/10/13
    Beta#1 51  Beta #2 148
    A/S 8/20/13 Team Pink
    Induced week 39 due to severe GD
    Baby girl born 1/4/13

TTC #2 2 failed IUI's moving on to FET 3/2014
    ET 3/25 
    Beta #1 127
    Beta #2 845
    U/s 4/22 It's TWINS!!
    Team Purple!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker          

• Options
    I haven't had my twins yet but I am going to get a night nanny for the first month. They will bring you the twins to feed or give them bottles and will also do laundry and set you up for the next day. They aren't cheap but everyone I've spoken to says they are worth every Penney. It also takes away a bit of my fear to know a neutral party will be helping me and showing me what to do, you can get someone who has tons of experience with multiples. Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't have help.  Not once they were home really.  DH was back to work, my mom was out of town.  I didn't really do anything other than feed, change, and hold babies.  We didn't cook (ate quick meals or protein bars, etc.).  If we did cook it was while I was wearing a baby or we did it together and cooked for a few days at a time.  I barely cleaned and I remember up till they were 2 I didn't think I'd ever decorate for another holiday again.. never mind do outdoor yard work.  You're job now is to take care of them.. the rest can wait.  They grow so fast.

• Options
    My twins will be 11wks on Friday. My mom was here the first 10 days and lives out of state. DH works very long hours including being gone for days at a time. No help at all. I will say that it seems like my girls are easier than what I hear from other twin mamas BC it's not so bad here.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    No. We have had no visitors except the grands because it is flu season and they were preemies. Grands did not hold them until a month after they came home (on Christmas day) but that was their doing, not mine. It can be exhausting but when my husband comes home he helps out. We also take shifts for sleeping at night. Mine were 3 months yesterday.
  • Options
    I have family that comes in and helps and we have a night nurse three nights a week. My babies are now almost a month old. I don't know how you ladies do it without help!
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I had a lot of help and it was still hard. I had different ladies from my church come for 1-2 hours a day M-F for the first month. It was a fantastic service they offered to me. I showered and tried to nap while they were here. Some days that was the only sleep I would get in a 24 hour period. I also had a lot of family (MIL, Mom, Sister, SIL) who would come help at different times and on the weekend  with housework and such. Even with help I was incredibly exhausted and very lonely when I was home alone while DH worked.  I also payed a neighbor teen to come help me  a few hours a week during the summer when the babies were 3-6 months old. I wasn't getting other help anymore by that time so she would entertain babies for me while I got showered and did some house work and meal prep. Occasionally I left her alone with the babies while I ran an errand (usually when they napped). After 6 months the girls were mostly STTN and on a predictable eating and napping schedule so it was way more manageable and I feel like we have found our stride. Good luck! If you have people who would be willing to help, definitely ask! And if you have the means, definitely paid help so you can get some rest and down time. Take care.

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• Options
    I have a toddler and I am expecting twins and I'm so worried about this! Personally we have hired a night nurse for the first 6 weeks and then after that I'm looking into a mother's helper type person as PP has mentioned. Typically teenagers are fairly cheap and while you might not leave them alone with both babies it's nice to have a helping hand even a few hours a week so you can shower and meal plan. 
    DS1 : 10/2012
    Due with B/G Twins July 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"