Breastfeeding
Options

My supply is severely diminished :(

Morning mommies! I've lurked a bit on the BF board but felt the need to post today. I feel so defeated, my supply has almost completely didappeared.

My LO is 10w today and in the 2 weeks that I've been back to work, it's just been in the last week that my supply has slowly decreased. In the first week of pumping, I was able to get 9-12 oz during my 4 daily pumps (3 at work and 1 at night). Yesterday I was able to reach 4oz total. This morning on the left side (generally the side that produces the most) I was only able to get 1/3 oz.

Is there ANYTHING I can do to increase my supply again? I nurse her 3-4 times a day on top of pumping (7am, 5pm, 8pm, and 3am). I take fenugreek, I drink a gallon of water a day, and I eat enough oatmeal to float a battleship. Help much needed and appreciated!

Re: My supply is severely diminished :(

• Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track! I Hope AmyG appears for you she knows whats what. my only suggestion is Mothers Milk Tea. I found mine at walmart. I will warn that it tastes like black licorice so i usually chug mine ( i hate the taste) But in the begining it helped me build up my supply. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thank you both for your help and suggestions! I am still discouraged but hopefully I can find a reason and get my output back up to what it needs to be for G. Lifesavers!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I noticed a sudden drop when I went back to work. For me the issue was that I was putting a lot of pressure on myself to make sure I was producing enough for my LO. I have an oversupply issue and can easily pump 7 oz in the morning and had only pumped 3 oz. Once I finally relaxed and remembered to drink a lot of water (about 100 oz), the milk started to flow again.
    Bfp #1: 2/20/2014 Baby girl born on 11/3/2014
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    nov 2014 

• Options
    Maybe try maintenance on your pump parts as well? Keep up the great work! Best of luck to you and I hope your supply comes back quickly!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"