September 2012 Moms

breakfast casserole recipe?

It's my turn to make a "main course" brunch food for about 15 ladies in a moms group tomorrow.  One other lady will be bringing a dessert food.  People usually bring some sort of breakfast casserole, but I have no idea how to make one, and I have to transport it half an hour and then reheat it there.  Anyone have any recipes for delicious breakfast or brunchy foods that I could make in advance??

Re: breakfast casserole recipe?

• My MIL makes a delicious one.  The recipe is from Pioneer Woman.  It's amazing, but not at all healthy.  Looking at the recipe now if I ever make it I probably won't do as much butter. https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/05/sleepin-in-omlette/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the simple overnight one. Brown a lb of sausage. Tear up 8 slices of bread (I use kings hawaiian bread left out all day to stale), beat 6-10 eggs, add 1 1/2 c milk, add 1c shreadded cheese, chopped green onions, pepper. Line bottom of pan with bread, add sausage, pour egg mixture on top, cover and put in fridge over night. Bake the next morning, last 10 min sprinkle on another 1/2 cup of cheese.
    (double check all measurements and bake time, there are lots of variations of this on the internet).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Loading the player...
  • I like @hmp1 s suggestion. Keep it simple! Now I really want to make one too...

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

• I found this one a few years ago.  It was called "impossibly easy" so I fell for it.  Everywhere I've taken it, people have loved it.  It's not healthy, but it's good.  It should be pretty easy to transport and reheat.

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• kelbel527 said:
    I found this one a few years ago.  It was called "impossibly easy" so I fell for it.  Everywhere I've taken it, people have loved it.  It's not healthy, but it's good.  It should be pretty easy to transport and reheat.

We actually make this same recipe, but have changed it slightly. We use diced ham instead of sausage and we don't mix the potatoes in with the mixture. We buy the hashbrown patties and just layer the bottom of the pan with them and pile everything else on top before we bake. It's seriously so good.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I am a fan of mini egg muffins. You use a muffin tin.

Spray the tin, drop in whatever ingredients you like - chopped tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, crumbled sausage, shredded cheese, etc. You can do them all different if you want.

Then fill each hole about half way with your egg mixture.

Bake on 350 for 20 min

• I like this one--you really can get it set up the night before (or whenever) and then bake:

The recipe is "sausage and kale" but really, you can use whatever (dry, not goopy) veg and meat you like.  Bacon and mushrooms, ham and onions, whatever.  I usually do loose (not patty like she shows) sausage and spinach, and skip the mushrooms (DH refuses to eat fungus). 
  • I make an eggs benedict casserole. I can look up the recipe tonight if you're interested!

• @kelbel527 and @cheenomae I made your recipe, and it was delicious and a big hit!  Now I want to try all of the other ones too.  Why have I never made a breakfast casserole before? 
  • I'm glad it was a hit. That's a question you should continue to ask yourself over and over and over again because they are basically amazing!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"