Infertility

Need AMH advice!!

So I am starting my fourth round of IUI. My last IUI, my AMH level was .9. Since then, I had a laparoscopy to remove endo. My levels were tested again a few weeks ago and now they're .7. BUT during my ultrasound today, they found 8-9 follicles. The nurse said it seems my AMH levels and what's showing on my ultrasound aren't matching. Has anyone had this before? What does it mean?!?! She said because of my AMH level, it still makes me a good candidate for clomid. Any advice??

Re: Need AMH advice!!

• ~~~Grad lurking/ticker warning~~~

I guess she was surprised you have 8 follicles without you taking any meds, yet?  I'm assuming today was your baseline u/s?  It is kind of a high number for a lower AMH level, but I had a similar AMH and some months had a lot of follies, others I didn't.  I think she still sees you as a good candidate for clomid, since it's not likely all 8-9 will take the lead as your cycle progresses.  

Good luck!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • My AMH was .75 during both my IVFs and I had an AFC of 11 and 14. So yours seems normal to me. I was told your AFC is more indicative of whether you have DOR or not because your AMH can fluctuate. Mine went up to 1.5 almost a year after it was .75.
    Me: 30 DH: 30 ~ TTC #1 Since August 2011 
    BFP #1 2/28/13, Ectopic, Tubal surgery 3/25 
    Began RE testing 8/8, Dx Unexplained, 
    IUI #1 11/1=BFN Moving on to IVF 
    IVF #1 12/2 ER 8R 7M 4 fertilized
    12/7 Transferred 2 "perfect" little blasts 12/17 BFN
    New DX= DOR, I fu*kng hate IF
    1/14 Hysteroscopy, new clean uterus!
    IVF #2: bcp, Lupron, follistim 300, menopur 225. 2/21 8R 4M 3F. 3dt of 2 perfect embryos. 1 little penguin 
     3/10 BFFN
    Regrouping. Seeing reproductive immunologist Dr. Kwak Kim 6/10 
    Kwak Kim protocol: Metformin 1000mg, vitamin D 4000iu, vitamin E 400iu, baby aspirin, Metanx, levothyroxine 75mcgs 
     Surprise BFP 9/21!!! Beta #1 247, Beta #2 630. Miscarried 10/13

• Loading the player...
  • Those numbers do not always correlate with what you will get on a follicular ultrasound. I know you didn't ask, but with having endometriosis, if I were you, I would have my blood tested for elevated natural killer cells which can cause immune implantation dysfunction making it very hard to get pregnant naturally unless the high natural killer cells are treated. Lots of us on here have the raised natural killer cells and are being treated for it before fertility treatments. Good luck to you.
  • Thank you for sharing about your AMH! You just gave me a little bit of hope. I'm 33 and my AMH is .49. It was 59 a few months ago and recently was 49. I have done 2 IUI'S with Clomid and my last cycle I had 5 mature follicles. I have been reading a lot about low AMH and majority of it says the IVF is the best treatment. I really don't want to have to go that route. We are going to start injectables this week. Thanks for sharing and I wish you all the best with your IUI :)
  • Hi! I am 31 and my AMH was .47.in December and was .52 last month.  I have 13 follicles and was told that IVF was my only option considering my low ovarian reserve. I am starting some meds tomorrow and injectables in about 2 weeks. Good luck! 
    Married since 2013, TTC since 2/2014
    Me : 32 with DOR 
     DH: 35 with 0% morphology 

History:  
    IVF #1 with ICSI 2/15- Banked 3 embryos
    IVF #2 with ICSI 3/15: Banked 2 embryos
    IVF #3 with ICSI 4/15: Banked 1 embryo
    IVF #4 with ICSI 6/15: Banked 1 embryo
    FET #1: 7/25: Waiting for Beta results 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards