LGBT Parenting

Roll Call!

Hi all,
With all the changes, lots of newbies and just general chaos, I'm curious who's here and who isn't, and who's staying and who's going. So, with that - it'd be great to get a pulse on things! Please reply with:

- How long have you been on TB?
- Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes?
- If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)?
- Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks all!
2mamaz
Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
June'12 - First RE Visit
Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

Re: Roll Call!

• - How long have you been on TB? Since late summer 2012, when I started TTC in earnest.
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? Probably, I like some of the other boards and am going to TTC#2 soon!
    - If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)? I am likely staying.
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all? Unlikely, it's enough to keep track of TB, however, I suppose if EVERYONE I knew went there I could be convinced...

Thanks all for participating!

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• - I've been on the bump off and on for 3 years.
    - That's still up in the air. With the new TOU I'm thinking about creating an account on the board that must not be named. That said, I will be trying to delete pictures that I've posted recently and those on my profile.
    - I'm going to check out the other board and then I'll get back to you on this question.
    - Same as I stated above.
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm seriously confused, guess I don't post enough to know what's going on... what's PB & what can't be named! Sry, so lost
    Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• - How long have you been on TB?  approx 9 months :)
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes?  yes  
    - If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)?  n/a
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all?  i am on a local board so between that & this I am good :) plus i really like the bump app. 
    Married 9~20~13
    L- 34 M- 29
    First IUI (L) 5/27/2014 triggered- BFP
    Singleton due 2/17/15

... cantAloupe ... 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @FSBC, you've got a private message.

****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • - How long have you been on TB? since late fall 2012
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? No.
    - If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)? I don't know. I want to get some of the posts M and I have made before accounts get deleted and I don't want to negatively affect too many people by deleting my account too soon. But the only reason I come over here now is because some of my fave people in the TTC/pregnancy/parenting online world are still here.
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all? I'm already on PB (same username). Most of my posting is there now.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:

BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

• I've been bumping since 2013.

I plan on staying unless something happens that makes me change my mind;)  I'm pretty strict with what I post anyway so the new TOU don't frighten me but instead reinforce the decisions I've made on what to share.

I'm also on the other place a lot because my BMB is there and I've grown to like the new or new to me faces on the LBGT forum there too.

• I've been on TB forever.  I was on TK even longer.  Like, we're talking 2000-2001 long.  I'm a creature of habit.

In light of the recent changes, I'm really debating what I want to do.  If I stay, I'm going to have a lot of going back and editing/deleting to do.  I don't want to just delete my account, but I'll probably remove some pics and change some full names to initials.

Not sure what I'll do so for the immediate future I'll be here.

I'm on the other board but haven't posted there a ton.  I'll probably increase the frequency of that shortly.  I really don't think I'll ever post another photo here on TB again.  That makes me really sad.

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• I'm new and would love if someone could PM me about this mysterious "other board" so I can take a look, I would appreciate it :D

Thanks in advance!
  • - How long have you been on TB? 2008? But I've come and gone. Was on TK 2002. I'm old. :P
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? Yes. Been there. Done that.
    - If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)? n/a
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all? Like I said, BTDT. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Just to be clear  - TB *always* had this language. Not new. Same is true of FB, they always own what you post on their site. (Not being critical, just pointing out this isn't a change per se, just reiterated in the new TOU).

June'12 - First RE Visit
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!

imageimageimageimage

• @Bemorecharming, you have a private message.
    ****loss discussed*****

Our IUIs

Our IVFs:

FET #1 December 2014

• I have been actively posting on TB since early 2013.

I am undecided about the rest. If I stay, I think it will be in a diminished capacity for a while. I have currently "lost that loving feeling," but I am not sure I am ready to delete my account.

I did create an account on PB and posted a few times. Same name and avatar, so you should recognize me. I haven't been active there yet - I have been mostly lurking. Not sure what my future plan is in that regard either...

Sorry to be so non-committal. I don't want to say something and not follow through on it, so I am being honest. I don't know where I will end up long term. I am conflicted.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
  • - How long have you been on TB?
    I have been reading/following on TB since 2013, probably.  I just started posting at the end of 2014, though.
    Yup, as long as there are fun, helpful, nice, interesting people on this board.  I feel like I too desperately need a sense of community around this TTC and parenting thing to be excessively picky about where I find it. 
    I'll stick around.
    Yeah, I've already created a profile and started posting over there.  So, in addition!
    -----
    Impatiently waiting to TTC (2015)
    Me & Sweetie (both 27)
    Together for 7.5 years
    My uterus will house the baby
    January 2014 - I lost my right ovary and fallopian 
    tube to a 26cm tumor (non-cancerous, thankfully).  
    Symmetry is overrated, right?
  • How long have you been on TB? Since summer of 2013
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? I'll stay as long as the community stays.  I plan to ride out the changes and see what happens.
    - If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)? n/a
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all?  I've checked out the other sight but have yet to post anything over there yet.

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• - How long have you been on TB? Nearly a year.

- Are you planning on staying in light of recent changes? Yes. I already post infrequently. I'm sad that so many of us are leaving though.

- if you are departing, how much longer will you be here? NA

- Are you going to PB instead of or in addition to TB or not at all? I only have time for the occasional post here, no more.

A & K, married 7/1/13.

After 10 months of ttc via medicated IUIs and two early losses, we finally got our boys- Perfect premie twins born 5/27/14.

• We've been trying for about 8 months and I plan on staying!
  • - How long have you been on TB? Since Early 2011 (maybe before?)  
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? Yes, I think so.  I'll go where everyone is - but I've liked TB for the past several years.
    - If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)? n/a  But if I did depart - I'd give fair warning.
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all?  I've lurked once or twice on PB but haven't created an account yet.

• Been gone for 2 months and I come back to this huge confusion. I guess I will stay here until I know what's going on.
  • - How long have you been on TB? I started lurking under a different screen name in 2012 during my first pregnancy, but we lost the baby before I started posting.  Once we lost the baby, I didn't come back until I was pregnant with our son and I had assurance that it was a viable pregnancy, so May/June 2013.
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? I'm not sure.  As of yesterday, I was ready to delete everything.  I'm trying to be rash and thoughtful.  If I leave TB, it will be after much thoughtful consideration.  I've developed friendships here, have gained support, given support, and really value this community.  I'm really struggling with the changes, though.  Initially, I didn't think things impacted us too much, but it's been one thing after another that have given me pause.  And, I'll be clear - it's not the TOU regarding owning our content that gives me the biggest pause.  That truly is not what makes me want to leave.  It's the treatment of its community members that I find abhorrent right now.  
    - If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)? Not sure.
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all?  I might go ahead and set up an account on the other site.  In the long run, I can only commit to posting on one board or the other.  

Like KH, I'm not purposefully trying to be vague.  Still sorting things out in my head.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How long have you been on TB?  Spring 2011, shortly before starting TTC our son.

- Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes?  Yes, though I'm not around as much these days. I've been through one of these big bump shake ups before. It leads to a lot of transition, and then things usually re-adjust...still miss some of the old timers though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Been here since fall 2013.
    Sticking around here.
    Recently had twin boys Matthew and Drew who are now 6 weeks old.
    Love it here and haven't even looked at other site.

10 medicated IUI's (3 with injectables). 
    IUI #1 (medicated) Jan. 2013-BFP!!!!- Beta's didn't double, MTX shot for possible ectopic.
    8 IUI's between April 13-April 14 = BFN 
    IUI #10 and final before IVF, injectables May 2014- BFP!!!!  TWINS!!!!

7 week ultrasound showed 2 wonderful heartbeats!
    8 weeks to the ER with vaginal bleeding while on vacations!  Diagnosed SubChorionic Hemorrhage.  Babies are both great.
    9 week ultrasound showed both babies are still great.
  • I've been around since about May 2013.

My plan is to probably still hang around. I guess I'm just not ready to quit all of ya :). I'm not sure about how frequent I will post and maybe it won't last for long, but I'm still here.

I might check out PB again and see, since so many folks are over there as well or exclusively.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• I've been following along for about a year and participating more regularly in the last 6–8 months I think...? 

While there are still folks kicking about here, I'll be following along.

I read PB a bit but haven't registered.  
  • - How long have you been on TB? A couple months after BFP...so about 6 months

- Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? Nope-staying put here!

- If you are departing, how much longer will you be here (or so)? N/A

- Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all? I'm NOT going. (Hand on hips, lip poked out!)

• With TB about 8 months.

Neither of us likes to have many sites to keep up with - especially now that we have a newborn in the house - so this is the only site we are members of. We are likely to stay here for the time being.

•  How long have you been on TB?  February 2014 (my wife had two IUIs in 2014 and started with an IVF cycle in January 2015)
    - Are you planning to stay in light of recent changes? Yes, planning on staying.  Last year was very disappointing so I have been trying to read the posts but have not been posting myself.
    - Are you going to PB instead of OR in addition to TB, or not at all? i'll be around.

hopefully we will have good news and I will be back full time.  I really like the group here, very nice, open and honest group of people.
  • Hi all,
    With all the changes, lots of newbies and just general chaos, I'm curious who's here and who isn't, and who's staying and who's going. So, with that - it'd be great to get a pulse on things! Please reply with:

- How long have you been on TB?

I have been on the bump since November.
    I'm not sure about staying just yet. Coming on here is a great way to get advice as well as being an outlet.

I don't know what PB is, can someone please inbox me and tell me.
    Thanks!

Any other thoughts?

Thanks all!
    2mamaz
    imageTrying to Conceive Ticker
    Me: 31 DW:30 Together 10 years Married 4/20/10 *First time TTC*
                                                                                             IUI #1 12/21/14-BFN 1/4/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"