May 2015 Moms
Options

Baby on my right side

hi all! So at my 20wk dr apt, my doctor pointed out how my right side of my stomach is bigger than my left and that's just the side baby is mostly on. I never thought twice about it until this week (I'm now 25 wks) and I'm waking up with him pushed all the way to the right, which is very painful! He moves around during the day but tonight he's completely back on the right leaving me with the worst lower right back pain. I'm almost in tears over it. I have a body pillow, I don't usually have problems sleeping but looking for any suggestions for lower back pain or any other mommas with babies painfully on one side of their belly.

Re: Baby on my right side

• Options
    When baby has made me uncomfortable on one side or the other I have tried to let gravity do it's thing. In other words, if baby is on your right, try lying on your left to see if baby will slowly move. Also, you can try gently pushing on baby to move him yourself. Obviously don't do it too forcefully. This seems to help somewhat for me, especially when baby is hugging my ribs.

A friend of mine also suggested getting on your hands and knees with a thick/wide scarf wrapped around your belly. Then have your partner or someone stand behind you and pull gently on the scarf to relieve pressure off your stomach. My DH and I only tried it once so far but it seemed to help a bit. I anticipate this will help more as I get bigger.

Sorry to hear how uncomfortable you are. Hopefully baby finds a new position soon that can be better for you!
  • Options
    I second attempting to manually move baby. My LO was situated right over my cervix and any kick that she gave was not only painful, but felt like she was going to just come tumbling out. Obviously that wasn't my real concern, but the pain was bad enough that it felt like she was trying to make a run for it. :) 

I just laid down on my back and gently pushed on my stomach and sort of wiggled it too in an attempt to get her out of her comfortable spot. It worked for a while, but she likes that area for some reason so now I'm just sort of used to it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My LO loves to hang out my left side and kick the right, down low. My bladder, my cervix...So far not painful, but gets my attention. I have an extra long torso from a 6th lumbar vertebrae (90% of people only have 5). I think that is why I haven't had some of the crowding symptoms yet. I'm sure i will have them soon enough. She does like to stand on my bladder though... Gotta move!
  • Options
    My LO loves to hang out my left side and kick the right, down low. My bladder, my cervix...So far not painful, but gets my attention. I have an extra long torso from a 6th lumbar vertebrae (90% of people only have 5). I think that is why I haven't had some of the crowding symptoms yet. I'm sure i will have them soon enough. She does like to stand on my bladder though... Gotta move!
    My LO loves my bladder too. I swear they are best friends. A few weeks ago it felt like she used my bladder as a trampoline and leaped off of it and landed on my cervix. I'm not going to lie that was the first time I experienced peeing on myself a little bit. Embarassing, but I think shes preparing me for 3rd trimester when peeing on yourself is more common. :(
  • Options

I've ever met anyone else with a sixth lumbar. Me too!
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    My daughter did this and I just endured it and it sucked. This time, baby boy also hangs on the right- so I do different (extremely amateur) moves I found off the spinning babies website. There's one specifically where I put my legs on the couch and slide down to the floor and hold myself propped on my forearms. So it's kinda like a weird downward dog. The baby immediately moves out of the right side, and if I'm doing the position right this should be encouraging him to also move head down. But who knows. I've modified the position a bit because when I did it like the website suggested, I had way too much blood rushing to my head and it felt like it would explode. You're only supposed to hold it a few seconds but that was too much for me. So, anyway- I might try some of those moves or gentle yoga moves or something. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"