July 2015 Moms

Who else getting a C Section?

I have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis). Due to RA damaging my hip joints, I can't spread my legs wide enough to have natural birth. OB reminds me every visit I'll have a c section.

Any other mothers in the same boat?

Re: Who else getting a C Section?

• I will be having a repeat CS.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• I may have to have a c section too. I had Perthes disease when u was young and now have arthritis and bursitis in both hips. Doc said we will see as my pregnancy progresses.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be having my 5th c-section
  • I'll be having my second c-section.
  • I'll be having my second c-section
  • I will be having my second c section.
  • I'll be having my second c-section... Had to have my second baby that way due to previa last time..
    It doesn't bother me so much because my first one was vaginal and he broke my tailbone on the way out lol.. The c-section was much easier to heal from ;) 
    July15 February Siggy Challenge (impossible Choice!)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

• I'm having my second c section, it will be fine God Willing and at least I won't have stiches to worry about!
  • I'll be having my second c-section

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'll be having my second csection
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Having my 3rd C-section. My first one was an emergency, my most recent (April 2014) was supposed to have been a VBAC but my cervix didn't dilate beyond 2 cm, and this time it's so soon after my C-section last spring a VBAC isn't safe so we have to schedule it.

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • Second C section here too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a 4th degree tear the first time. My Dr. "Highly recommended" I get a C-section this time. I'm not happy about it but, I'm sure the recovery time will be less.
  • I am having my 5th c-section. My body likes to make large babies and does not like to get rid of them. I have never dilated, even passed due date.
  • I was always told woman could only have three csection. Im having my third csection july 1st and thought it would be my last because thats what i have always been told.
  • I will be having my second c section.
  • How do you all know so early? Is it because you have had it before so you have to have it again? My sis had a c section w her first pregnancy (twins) but then had a natural with her second pregnancy. Is she an unusual case? Just curious. I am FTM so I am hoping I don't have to get a c section. My dr hasn't said Anything about it yet.
  • I am having a RCS.
  • I might. I have full placenta previa. I am hoping it moves up to avoid a c section :)
  • I'll be having a 2nd csection
  • I'm undecided. I had a c section with my first child and am now considering having my second the same way. Recovery was quick and I didn't experience any of the post-vaginal-delivery complications I've heard and read about. Any advice?
  • I had a 4th degree tear the first time. My Dr. "Highly recommended" I get a C-section this time. I'm not happy about it but, I'm sure the recovery time will be less.

4th degree tears are rare and honestly is not a reason for an elective c section/major surgery. Since you said you are not happy about it I would really recommend a second opinion. C sections are not fun to recover from.
  • qtjo5 said:

How do you all know so early? Is it because you have had it before so you have to have it again? My sis had a c section w her first pregnancy (twins) but then had a natural with her second pregnancy. Is she an unusual case? Just curious. I am FTM so I am hoping I don't have to get a c section. My dr hasn't said Anything about it yet.

Your sister has what is called a vbac(vaginal Birth after cesarean) it's not very uncommon but depends on the reasons you ended up with a c section. I'm trying for a vbac this time as are a few ladies on this board. Usually repeat c sections are for medical issues where it wouldn't be safe to deliver vaginally or the doctor isn't willing to try it. Unless you have an issue its assumed you will deliver vaginally with your first.
  • Mamamads said:

qtjo5 said:

How do you all know so early? Is it because you have had it before so you have to have it again? My sis had a c section w her first pregnancy (twins) but then had a natural with her second pregnancy. Is she an unusual case? Just curious. I am FTM so I am hoping I don't have to get a c section. My dr hasn't said Anything about it yet.

Your sister has what is called a vbac(vaginal Birth after cesarean) it's not very uncommon but depends on the reasons you ended up with a c section. I'm trying for a vbac this time as are a few ladies on this board. Usually repeat c sections are for medical issues where it wouldn't be safe to deliver vaginally or the doctor isn't willing to try it. Unless you have an issue its assumed you will deliver vaginally with your first.
    I see! Thank you for explaining :)
  • C-Section for me.  I have an issue with the veins in my neck and head and they dont want me to have to try to push a baby out.  I at least feel fortunate that I knew going into this process of pregnancy that I would end up with a c-section, so none of it is a surprise.  
  • Repeat c section here! May try for a vbac if I go into labor naturally but they are already talking about inducing me a week early so I'm not holding my breath!
    Both conceived using 7.5 mg Femara+Ovidrel+IUI

• Repeat section for me too!! Taking me at 39 weeks but am nervous because with my first my water broke at 36 weeks 4 days so I guess we will see what happens.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an emergency CS for my first due to an abruption. Due to the complications of that birth I am haveing a scheduled CS this time. As long as my baby and I are healthy I don't care how she comes into this world. A CS birth is just as special as a vaginal, as you are delivering your child. I had no breastfeeding issues, and was feeding shortly after CS. They also did skin to skin once baby was assesed to be okay.

Just get support for your recovery (carrying heavy items, walking, lifting) you and your baby will do great.
  • DS was born April 2014 via emergency c section.  Because this one is so close it will be a scheduled c section.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • amanda3rd said:

I was always told woman could only have three csection. Im having my third csection july 1st and thought it would be my last because thats what i have always been told.

What idiot told you that? A doctor can not MAKE you sterilize yourself or go on birth control. Also, it depends on the woman how well the uterus heals, and the time between pregnancies.

Here's an example: I am going in for my 5th c-section. My first baby was an emergency because my doctors were idiots.

4 years later I had my second. There wasn't much scar tissue. He was an easy uncomplicated delivery.

6 months later I got pregnant with #3. I was unhealed, but still it was safe to carry her. Her delivery took about an hour. 8 months later I was pregnant with number 4. A bit higher risk, more ultra sounds with him ect. He was born in May 2014. He was 4 months old when I got pregnant this time. THIS is a higher risk pregnancy, there are placenta placement concerns, as well as uterine rupture concerns. I can NOT go into labor and contract, or there is a good possibility we won't make it. After this delivery I can not have any more kids if I want to live.

However, my doctor has performed 8 c-sections on the same woman and she had no complications and can have more. This woman however had at least 2 years between c-sections.

• I'm having my second c-section.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"