June 2015 Moms

Baby belly feels hard then soft?!

im currently 23 weeks pregnant and sometimes my belly feels soft and other times it feels hard. The doctors say that everything is fine and my pregnancy is healthy and "normal" but waiting inbetween my prenatal appointments makes me anxious! I wish I could just see and hear the baby's heartbeat all the time! Lol does anyone else expericane the same thing or am I just being pregnancy paranoid?! Thanks ladies!

Re: Baby belly feels hard then soft?!

• That could be gas, your bladder, your bowels, and possibly the baby rolling around.   Trust your doctor.

image  image
  • Yeah that was my rational thought because I've been more "regular" in the bathroom lately...tmi. But then I just get paranoid and freak out and think "okay something is wrong now!"
  • Loading the player...
  • My belly only feels soft when I'm sitting and it's hard the rest of the time. I just attribute it to the fat being all bunched up when I sit. I don't think it's anything to worry about though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like Braxton hicks!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My stomach gets like that too I also freak out this is my 3rd baby and I don't remember feeling like this with my other 2. I was going to ask my dr on my next visit
  • Braxton Hicks? I never thought of that! It doesn't hurt but does feel tight and slightly uncomfortable. She is still moving around a lot so when I feel her I feel better :)
  • Tight and hard sounds like B-H to me!
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Or if it's low, you might just need to pee. That's what my nurse in the hospital told me this morning. Don't hold it when you need to go. Even if it is every hour.

imageimageimage

Pregnancy Ticker

Me: 40, rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s, low ovarian reserve

DH: 42, bi-lateral varicocele (corrected in Dec 2013)

2008 Married

2009 Started TTC #1

2012 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, Clomid

BFP ended in MC 

2013 3 rounds of Clomid

Hormone studies/ultrasound, SIS, polyp and bicornuate uterus removed

DH varicocelectomy

2014 Hormone studies/ultrasound, HSG, SIS, removed 2nd polyp

IVF #1- retrieved 17, 3 mature for 2 day transfer, BFN

IVF #2- September…our last chance….. retrieved 22, 6 mature blasts, 2 embies transferred, BFP (300 beta) on Oct 1st, Beta #2 675 Oct 3rd, Beta #3 2,484

EDD Twins 06/09/2015

1/30/2015 PPROM at 21 weeks, 3 days. Hospital bed rest to let these sweet peas cook. Holding on for 34 weeks!

• Keep in mind I am  NOT a doctor, but for me, if I havent had a good poop in a few days my belly tends to be harder then if I have.  Could just be everything shifting around in your body. I wouldn't really worry about it. 

Married 11/12/2011
    EDD 06/07/2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • FloGirl82FloGirl82 member
    edited February 2015
    I experience the same thing and am not worried about it. If your doctors aren't worried about it, then try not to worry about it yourself. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • For those of you mentioning Braxton Hicks - how do you know when that's what it is? Does BH hurt?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Braxton Hicks don't generally hurt. You will be able to distinguish them more and more the bigger you get. With my son I just knew whenever I changed position, i.e. sitting to standing, I would have a contraction. You get used to them. You've actually been having them all along, you just couldn't feel them. If you notice your belly gets hard or you feel a tightening that goes away after a minute or two, probably BH. If they are bothersome or coming on too often for your comfort, make sure you are hydrated.
      Blessed Mama to the sweetest boy in the world (11/9/13), one angel baby, and two fur babies: Mattie Dog and Stanley Cat.
  • annatta79 said:
    Braxton Hicks don't generally hurt. You will be able to distinguish them more and more the bigger you get. With my son I just knew whenever I changed position, i.e. sitting to standing, I would have a contraction. You get used to them. You've actually been having them all along, you just couldn't feel them. If you notice your belly gets hard or you feel a tightening that goes away after a minute or two, probably BH. If they are bothersome or coming on too often for your comfort, make sure you are hydrated.
    That makes sense! I occasionally get a tightening in my lower abs and sometimes it hurts, but only for a few seconds (it's more uncomfortable than anything). I'll ask my doctor about it next time I see him. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It could be BH, position of baby, having to use the restroom. If it's BH your whole tummy won't be hard, there will be a soft spot. If they happen too often maybe you just need to hydrate. More than 4 in an hour is when you should monitor, sit and relax, drink water and call your doctor. They get more uncomfortable as you get closer to delivery day, sometimes you'll be walking and have to stop and breath a little when they come. Just your body preparing. Shouldn't be anything to worry about but def ask your doctor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"