April 2015 Moms

Pelvic pain

hpolanskhpolansk member
edited January 2015 in April 2015 Moms
No matter how normal the doc and everyone tells you it is. I always feel like something's wrong! Can everyone share their pelvic pain with me. Baby #4 you would think I would understand all this by now.

Re: Pelvic pain

• Thanks this is what I need to hear. I will suffer through the pain as long as I know my baby is good :)
  • I have this achy pain in my perineal area. I've done some online research and pelvic girdle pain fits the bill exactly. However, I cannot get my OB to take it seriously. I called last week, when it went from mild discomfort to serious pain, and I was told to take tylenol and get a maternity support belt. After doing both those things an experiencing a little bit of relief, but not much, I contacted my OB office in hopes that they could refer me to a physical therapist. His nurse said she would consult with him when he was in yesterday...no word. I'm laid up on the couch much of the day. Walking hurts, standing from a seated position hurts, rolling over in bed hurts, sex hurts, exercise hurts, basic chores around the house hurt. Needless to say, I'm very frustrated.
  • Loading the player...
  • Try a chiropractor!
  • You need to make sure that they check you for ovarian cysts because when I was 5 months pregnant with my first I had extreeme pelvic pain that would shoot up my back and down to my knees the doctors said that I was find and it was normal he even did an ultrasound and girl I don't know how he missed my 12 inch ovarian cyst... I had to get it removed at 5 months pregnant .... Nobody knows your body better than you .... You need to look out for yourself
  • Eeek any stmptoms or history beside the pelvic pain. From what I have read and been told pelvic pain is just one of pregnancies delights!
  • For me this week my hips and pelvic bone feel like they are being spread apart. It has been mostly uncomfortable, not painful enough where it has made me call the doctor. I have an appointment Tuesday that I will definitely be mentioning it at though.
  • Both achy pains and cramping pains are very common ,dont stress yourself out hun
  • I've been dealing with Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) for about 2 months. It's a pregnancy symptom that only hits about 1 in 35 women (yay me!). In a nutshell, the hormone Relaxin (that makes the pelvic bone stretchy down there for birth), works too well too soon (and only on my left side). So you feel it from your groin down to the top of the left leg. It can be uncomfortable or painful depending on the day (and can make walking, rolling out of bed, or putting on pants hard or stop you in your tracks). Apparently, it's not something that goes away until you give birth. But I refused to deal with it till April! It's sucky, but I've managed it pretty well so it's not holding me down. I just gotta be careful how I'm moving sometimes, and it will limit me on the number of positions I can try at birth...but not the end of the world. And since this is the only negative pregnancy symptom I've had the whole time, I don't complain about it to anyone. As long as baby's fine, I can handle anything. But it has taught me to ask for help when I need it.
  • @hpolansk‌ If what you're experiencing is similar to what I described or what @jennasuz313‌ is describing, I just got back from the physical therapist and it's a real condition that you can get treated. My PT has recommended a special belt (not just a medium support maternity belt, like the one I have) and she will be treating me up to delivery and probably a little bit after. Please be an advocate for your own health if you're in pain. 

@jennasuz313‌ I hope you are seeing a PT. From what I understand, this condition does not just go away after pregnancy. In fact, labor can make it worse. The sooner you get it treated the better. It took a lot of pushing for me to get my OB to take this seriously, but after talking to the PT, I know I did the right thing in insisting on getting the right treatment right away.
  • SMFB said:
    I feel like I've been kicked in the vagina by a horse. Is this similar?

Yup, pretty much.
  • Every time I sneeze it feels like I have been drop kicked in the vagina. The pollen count is super high here in North Florida so I sneeze a lot.
    Married: 3/01/08
    Baby Girl: 7/29/11
    Angel Baby: M/C 7/15/14 at 7wk
    BFP: 8/23/14 - Due 4/28/15  - It's a BOY!
  • dana1047dana1047 member
    edited February 2015
    I have to cross my legs at least at my ankles and squeeze my thighs really hard when I sneeze so I don't pee myself. But I still feel the pain you are describing.
  • Yes! My pelvic pain was so bad I couldn't walk. It hurt all the time and I would just cry from being in so much pain, constantly. After 3 visits to the chiro, I was a new woman! It still hurts sometimes, but nothing like before.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"