May 2015 Moms

Feeling stretched anyone??

Sometimes I feel like my little guy is just stretching out as far as he can in there! Makes my stomach feel really tight and like there's no room for anything in there. I don't eat large meals, just very small meals and snacks throughout the day. Sometimes if I lay on my side it gets better. Anyone else feel this? What helps you?

Re: Feeling stretched anyone??

• Yes!! This jus started happening to me at almost 24 wks. Feels like my stomach is swollen to the point of busting! Also really sore. It's miserable!! I haven't found any relief. Not even laying on a certain side! Would love to hear advice/experiences also!
  • Yep, this happens a lot to me at work. Haven't really found anything to help, I think it's just because of the baby taking up more room.
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here. 27 weeks with twins and was petite before. Almost feels like it's going to tear around my b button.
  • Just woke up and I'm currently feeling this way. Lol
  • I feel pretty stretched too! I am 24 weeks as of today and feel like my baby girl is running out of space. A couple days ago I realized that my innie belly button is halfway pushed out! Sigh.
  • Omg thank you for posting this as I haven't heard of similar complaints from my pregnant friends and was feeling lonely on this issue. I started having these sensations early (probably week 18?) even though I still haven't fully popped yet (long torso, baby #1). I remember the first time it happened, I felt so incredibly uncomfortable and almost called my OB bc it was to the point where I thought I might actually split open! Obviously wouldn't happen but I was worried about diastesis recti and such. I googled it and it sounds like baby just goes through growth spurts. I've learned to eat multiple smaller meals when this occurs. Although it's annoying at first because sometimes it doesn't occur until 30 min after already have eaten a large meal.
  • My oldest did this. He likes to fully stretch out in the womb. When I hit the third trimester it become very uncomfortable and almost painful. I'd always push him back in. When he was born he would do the same thing. Always stretching out and hated to be swaddled.
  • PutMeintheZooPutMeintheZoo member
    edited January 2015
    Yep. Glad I'm not the only one!  I'm 25 weeks tomorrow and already feel like I'm going to pop.  I'm petite and all baby / tummy.  
    Baby girl born on May 15, 2015!  (DS born 2011)
  • I had this sensation of being stretched to the bursting point at Christmas time. It eased after two weeks and now it is back. I'm so itchy and achy with it!
  • My belly button is half in/half out. When baby girl gets kicking underneath it, it stretches and I swear it feels like she's gonna pop through it. It's such a strange sensation.
  • I get a terrible side ache if I am sitting too long especially in the car. I had to recline my seat all the way back yesterday while DH and I were driving around to open houses. The pain went away when I was able to stretch out. It is getting tight in there!
  • I don't think I can get any bigger! 27 weeks tomorrow but feel 39 weeks. She is all over the place and its feels like sometimes she has no room!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 27+1 here. I feel like I literally can not get any bigger. Luckily I've mostly gained my weight in my belly but im just so front heavy now. According to the doctor, the baby is the right size and weight, apparently he just has pretty long legs. Yesterday at a superbowl party there was another mom to be (STM) who is due any day now and I feel like I looked just as big as she was. One of the other husbands there commented that I looked like I was "ready to pop!" I know everyone carries baby differently and she was definitely taller than me (I'm 5'2) but comments like that and comparing myself to other pregnant women just makes me feel bigger and more sloth-ish lol.  
  • Yep, same here. I literally feel like I just might pop! And I am only 26+5!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel the same way!! I'm only 5'0 and I'm just so round :(. I'm 27 weeks and I'm scared to know what 36 will look like. And those comments don't make you feel good at all.
  • Yes! Nothing has helped yet. Once he moves it feels better. 

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

TTC: Started May 2012
    Bloodwork - potential ovulation issue which seemed to be fixed by clomid.
    SA - Mot (36%) and count low 9.3 mil (updated) 
    HSG - Oct 16 2013 - came back clear
    Clomid #1 - Nov. 2013 - BFN
    BFP#1 =  Clomid #2, Dec. 2013 - EDD 9.9.14 Loss Jan 9
    Femara #1 + Trigger (2/21) Feb. 2014 +ruptured ovarian cyst - BFN
    SIS clear
    April 2014: 50IU Follistim CD3-CD9 + 25IU CD10-CD13+CD13 trigger 1 mature follie= BFN
    IUI #1: May 2014 50IU Follistim + trigger + IUI = BFN
    IUI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim + IUI (3 mil sperm)=  BFN
    TI #2: June 2014 50IU Follistim  + Trigger = BFN
    BFP#2 = IUI# 3: Aug 2014 75IU Follistim+ Trigger + IUI (2 mil sperm) EDD May 15

BabyFruit Ticker

Love bugs unite!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• yes yes! Usually when I'm in one spot for a long period of time, haven't had water in quite some time, or have had a labor intensive day. Been experiencing this since I was 15 weeks on and off with days/weeks spaced between them.

I did a little research, it scares the heck out of me and I really uncomfortable. Braxton Hicks contractions fits the bill. It's just our body's way of preparing for real contractions and is totally normal. Walking, switching positions often and laying down if your seated or standing should help. So far walking then laying down has helped me to get the blood flowing and easing the contractions.

Hope I've helped
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"