April 2014 Moms

UO?

Anyone?

Or are we all too nice here now ? ;)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO?

• I think the Oscars and all the buzz about who got nominated and who didn't is stupid. I think award shows in general are pretentious and self-congratulatory. You're making movies people, not saving the world.

Ugh me too! Music awards too. I never watch because I don't give a rat's ass (am I allowed to say that here?). I just google all the hideous dresses the next day when people are talking about them.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am not at all interested in the super bowl.  I forgot it was happening this weekend until I went to the grocery store. I don't like either coach and that kind of ruins the whole deal for me.
  • Football suuuuucks!
    =; Hey hey hey...back it up lady! Football? Really? Best. Sport. Ever. Well... Honestly I love all sports, I literally watch all sports. Hockey is great...I will give you that!
    I dislike all sports. I'm not interested in watching any of them, live or televised. I'm wondering if that will change if DD wants to participate in one (I'll encourage her to do whatever she wants).

TTC #1 since 2011

Me: 36, anovulatory PCOS; DH: 34, fine

Sophia Juliet conceived through IVF and born April 15, 2014

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I dont like coach bags.
    Amen. I like simplistic style...Coach bags are way too "loud" for me. If they would lose the over the top patterns it would be a little better.
    I've been rocking a cherry red patent leather satchel from Coach for like 3 or 4 years. It was expensive but it has no patterns or tacky logos, and it's held up pretty well. Their styles are definitely hit or miss. And I realize they're not everyone's cup of tea!

TTC #1 since 2011

• I am really sick of blogger moms writing poorly written articles about what I am doing wrong as a parent. Eff off (I have to say it that way now, don't I?) and I hate the commenters even more! I might reach through the screen and strangle the next "friend" who posts one of these stupid articles on FB! Wow - I got worked up writing that. I think I have anger issues.
    Oh man, I made the mistake of reading blogs/articles on the La Leche League site when my supply started drying up. I felt like absolute shite for so long

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• I am really sick of blogger moms writing poorly written articles about what I am doing wrong as a parent. Eff off (I have to say it that way now, don't I?) and I hate the commenters even more! I might reach through the screen and strangle the next "friend" who posts one of these stupid articles on FB! Wow - I got worked up writing that. I think I have anger issues.
    I agree- I read an article about " How your breaking your child's spirit"

Um shut up.

• I hate football, too. I only watch the award shows to make fun of them.
  • Sports are boring.

Except Olympics. Then I become a huge fan of all sports, especially the obscure ones like fencing and kayaking and rhythmic gymnastics!

IVF #1 Sep '11 - canceled poor response

IVF #2 Nov '11  8R/8M/4F 3dt x2 - chemical

IVF #3 April '12  11R/6M/4F 3dt x2 - m/c

FET #1 Aug 2012  3dt x2 - BFN

**new RE**

IVF #4 Jan '13 BFN 11R/6M/6F 5dt x2 - BFN

IVF #5 July '13 16R/10M/10F 5dt x2 + 1 frostie

9dp5dt Beta 1 = 344!! 16dp5dt. Beta 2 = 4822 7wk u/s= 2 heartbeats!

Twin girls! 3/6/14

• I'm with lisabugg.  I love simple but elegant purses, and I had a Coach bag that was very understated but still had the C emblem.  Wore it for 5 years straight.  Last Christmas I picked out a new purse, a Michael Kors, and it is a very sleek and simple design, but has the MK all over it.  It's a nice balance, so I think it's still super classy.

Now any purse with 10 colors and huge prints... blegh.  My MIL bought me a giraffe print expensive purse, and I could never bring myself to wear it (and she's one of those who feels bad if you return).  

My UO, I still prefer more simple non light up noise making toys over those that do.  We got LO a new activity table that lights up and sings and he can cruise around, but I can still turn off the music, and he can put balls in the shoot and they pop out, so it's fun without the flim flam.  And he hearts his Zany Zoo :)
  • My company is going through a huge layoff right now. .

The people in my business unit they are laying off have been working with or "training" people who started in nov dec that are offshore and we were told they were hired to help improve our productivity since we had a lot of attrition. We all feel severally understaffed and struggling to meet the needs of our client because of this (it's en effing ish show) When they got on board leadership said " don't you feel relieved? The extra help is here" Well that extra help was brought on to be trained by current employees and to eventually take their jobs.

It makes me feel sick. These people work hard as anything and they are just going to be dropped... not to mention had to train these other people.

And they have no idea.

I shouldn't even be mentioning it but I hope this is vague enough no one knows the company I am referring too.

I know this happens all.the.time. I posted in here so I didn't have to start a new thread. What's about to happen and what has been happening is real effing shady.

• @holljade I'm so sorry :(  I know a local company recently acquired another brand, and the CEO decided he'd rather have all the other brand's people rather than keep the 20 something year workers he had.  So he made those VPs fire hundreds of people, then turned around and fired the VPs.  It was AWFUL.  And I will never buy from that brand again.
  • That's so awful @holljade. I'm so sorry.
  • Oh and also they are not releasing any one from our unit so if we wanted to work for other positions they cock block it.

They are supposed to be big on employee development and they are doing this "unofficially"

I guess with all the lay offs I shouldn't even want to transfer, but still. It's eff'd up.

• @holljade that is so eff'd up and unethical and downright horrible. I'm so sorry you're dealing with that!
  • I'm with lisabugg.  I love simple but elegant purses, and I had a Coach bag that was very understated but still had the C emblem.  Wore it for 5 years straight.  Last Christmas I picked out a new purse, a Michael Kors, and it is a very sleek and simple design, but has the MK all over it.  It's a nice balance, so I think it's still super classy.

Now any purse with 10 colors and huge prints... blegh.  My MIL bought me a giraffe print expensive purse, and I could never bring myself to wear it (and she's one of those who feels bad if you return).  

My UO, I still prefer more simple non light up noise making toys over those that do.  We got LO a new activity table that lights up and sings and he can cruise around, but I can still turn off the music, and he can put balls in the shoot and they pop out, so it's fun without the flim flam.  And he hearts his Zany Zoo :)
    I'm a big supporter of MK. Very classy and very well made. Worth the money. My latest is the new large jet set tote in camel brown leather. My husband bought it for me for Christmas. I told him I wanted a bag I could carry my stuff and some of C's stuff that wasn't momish/diaper bagish. He surprised me with it when he came home from a business trip to Chicago. Has great taste! I absolutely love it!
    My MK tote doubles as small diaper bag when I don't want to lug the big one.  It always has a diaper, a pair of socks, a bib, a soothie, a toy, and flannel wipes :)
  • erinh2005 said:

I miss the light brown m&ms.

Same!
  • Holljade said:

I am really sick of blogger moms writing poorly written articles about what I am doing wrong as a parent. Eff off (I have to say it that way now, don't I?) and I hate the commenters even more! I might reach through the screen and strangle the next "friend" who posts one of these stupid articles on FB!

Wow - I got worked up writing that. I think I have anger issues.

I agree- I read an article about " How your breaking your child's spirit"

Um shut up.

I read one called something like "Your kid is an asshole and it's your fault". And then they tell about a pair of pushover parents and talk about how all parents are like this nowadays (I don't trust anybody that uses "nowadays") and we're all ruining all kids. Give. Me. A. Break. Yes, all parents are obviously like this and there is no hope for the future.

Sorry to hear about your job. It must be such a toxic work environment.

• JWest07 said:

Dixon813 said:

My random OU - I think if you're going to wear open toe shoes (specifically for dressy/formal occasions) that your toenails should be painted.

I don't think that is unpopular. It should be obvious.
    I thought so too but the last couple of weddings I attended had a lot of bare toenails...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LolaX2LolaX2 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm supper late, but I actually have one! I think that the Younique 3D mascara that so many people are raving about right now is ugly! It looks like spider legs and I can't believe people pay $35 for it! So many of my friends and facebook feed love it and are trying to get me to try it. No thanks, I think it looks so fake and gaudy! 
  • Dixon813 said:

JWest07 said:

Dixon813 said:

My random OU - I think if you're going to wear open toe shoes (specifically for dressy/formal occasions) that your toenails should be painted.

I thought so too but the last couple of weddings I attended had a lot of bare toenails...
    I once went to a wedding where a guy wore jeans. JEANS! @-) And no, it was not a super casual wedding, it was a pretty standard evening wedding. I don't even understand the thought process there.

TTC #1 since 2011

• Dixon813 said:

JWest07 said:

Dixon813 said:

I once went to a wedding where a guy wore jeans. JEANS! @-) And no, it was not a super casual wedding, it was a pretty standard evening wedding. I don't even understand the thought process there.
    I love that this horrifies you! DH's uncle wore jeans to our wedding and I was NOT impressed! It was a formal event. But of course I was the snob ;)
    My BFF got married at her house because it's a huge beautiful yard, set up fancy tents and all. Some cousins showed up in jeans and the mother of the bride went right up to them and asked if they wanted to use a bedroom to get changed in... They said no.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Dixon813 said:

JWest07 said:

Dixon813 said:

I love that this horrifies you! DH's uncle wore jeans to our wedding and I was NOT impressed! It was a formal event. But of course I was the snob ;)
    I mean, the bride and groom spend a crapload of money and like a year planning this big special event that they want to share with you; god forbid you put on some freaking slacks when you show up.

TTC #1 since 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"