Trouble TTC

Has anyone here had a myomectomy?

Mrs.RainesMrs.Raines member
edited January 2015 in Trouble TTC
Hey everyone. I was on these boards years ago, but haven't been back for awhile.

I am scheduled for a myomectomy on March 17th. I have a 3.7 cm fibroid on the front of my uterus. It pushes on my bladder and cervix and causes me daily pain (which is intisified when I'm ovulating or on my period) We've been ttc for about 5 years now. We saw an obgyn In 2013 and she said my ultrasound only showed a folly cyst. I switched to a new obgyn because I wanted to be In the hospital network as my family dr plus I was not fully satisfied with my previous dr (she was reccomeded to me by a coworker when I first moved to my new city) My new obgyn I saw last summer did a full exam and started a more thorough plan of action. We did bloodwork on CD3, which came back normal. We have a SA scheduled for my husband next week. But a few months ago I noticed my periods seem to be getting worse and I was having increased pain on my left side. My dr and I had discussed being tested for endo because my mom has it. But she wanted to schedule another ultrasound first in case my cyst had increased in size or if anything new had popped up. That's when she saw the fibroid. She then requested my previous ultrasound from the last dr, and she told me it was on the 2013 ultrasound. So either that dr didn't notice it, or just neglected to tell me (it was 2cm then) So I go in on March 17th for my surgery. It can't be done laparoscopically so I'll have a full c section scar. She is also testing my tubes for blockage and testing me for endo. Has anyone here had this done? I'm pretty nervous about it. My dr has high hopes that we can get pregnant after I'm healed (pending my husbands SA of course) because everything else has been normal for me. Regular periods, good temp shifts, good hormone levels, etc. What was your recovery like? How long did you stay in the hospital (they said two days for me) ? Any tips on how to manage pain? Anything is much appreciated. I don't know anyone IRL who has had one done.

Re: Has anyone here had a myomectomy?

• Mrs.RainesMrs.Raines member
    edited January 2015
    Sorry this is one long paragraph I keep adding in paragraphs but it keeps turning into one big paragraph.
  • I just had a myomectomy in October. The surgeon removed 12 fibroids and reconstructed my uterus. He did it all through a 6 inch bikini incision. My surgery lasted about 5 hours. I was in the hospital for 3 days post surgery. The healing process was very rough for me because of anemia and nuetroprenia (a low white count). They made me do a lot of walking before they let me go home. I was unable to do much of anything for myself for about 3weeks once I got home, and was unable to sleep flat for about 6 weeks. My case was a very severe case so hopefully it wont be as rough on you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry that was one big ramble...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"