High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Pain along csection scar 35 weeks

Hi, everyone! I'm coming out of lurker status to pick your lovely brains. ;) I'm 35 weeks and coming up on my third csection and for the past week or so I've been having these aching sharp pains in a few spots along my csection scar. I am TERRIFIED of uterine rupture. I've talked to my dr a couple times and she seems unconcerned. She ordered a scan yesterday to check out my scar and the tech couldn't really see it because my little chick is fully engaged in my pelvis. She did say that there wasn't any evidence of fluid build up around the scar that she could see but my fear is that this pain is a warning that a UR is coming. I do have a chest cold that has me hacking a lot so I'm hoping that's just aggravating my scar and the pressure from the baby as well. Does anyone have any insight or similar experience? I'm afraid to push for an earlier csection because I don't want to take her out underdeveloped because of paranoia and have her in the NICU but I also don't want to excuse away something as big as a potential UR.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFetus Ticker TTC#1 from March 2007 - laparoscopy #1 10/08 endometriosis - BFP#1 11/08- missed m/c @7w3d - d&c 12/08 - BFP#2 4/1/2009 Tamoxifen - 22 hr labor, 2 failed epidurals and emergency c-section & Joanna Margaret born 12:42am 12/22/09!!! - TTC#2 from Sept. 2010 - laparoscopy #2 10/18/11 more endometrosis - BFP#3 2/14/2012 IUI cycle & tamoxifen - natural m/c at 5w1d - BFP#4 7/8/2012! threatened m/c but still hanging on!

Re: Pain along csection scar 35 weeks

• Options
    I don't have experience with this but I am close with my OB and he told me about a patient with the same pains as you, and he thought there may be uterine issues. I know he said they wound up bringing the mom in to check and while he couldn't locate any problems they decided to do a section that day to be safe. I'm not sure how far the mom was but don't be afraid to voice your concerns! Better safe than sorry, and while you are early, 35 weeks is typically the point drs won't stop labor if it begins naturally. The pains could also be your ligaments so try not to worry too much, but if you really are concerned, make your doctor aware. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"