Trying to Get Pregnant

Possibly pregnant with #2

Hello,
So my hubby and I have been TTC since December. I have had only 1 period (in December 26th it was) and am 11 months PP. Anyway I took 3 tests already, two of them being a bit early and the third I took last week. All came back negative but my period is "late" technically...but I've got the glow/pink cheeks, shortness of breath, thicker CM, headaches and had bad cramps like I did with my first. Should I take another test? It's hard to tell when I should take one since my cycle is still messed up gah!

Re: Possibly pregnant with #2

• Should also mention my milk supply has def decreased
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I've heard all those things about how you can get pregnancy like symptoms when your period is coming which I've had before but I've never had the whole glow/blushing cheeks before so that is odd but maybe it means nothing. Will pry just retest in a week I suppose!
  • And I'm also charting and know about when I ovulated so it wouldn't shock me if I was pregnant and tested too early but then I'd also not be shocked if I wasn't either because it took us six months to conceive my first so this would be way fast if I was!
  • @KawaiiKitsune‌ I do use an app but then I also chart on paper since my app can't take into account specifics such as the fact that I'm bf'ing and am not really on a normal cycle still since being PP. But since my cycle is messed up and I've only had one period, I didn't know if I would have a normal period this month so I tested early, which I normally wouldn't have done but I thought I'd give it a go since I tested early with my first and it was positive). But I was too early :) go figure but that's ok

• Thanks @homefluff‌ for the advice I will start using a thermometer instead of just testing CM
  • SNIP: the fact that I'm bf'ing and am not really on a normal cycle still since being PP. But since my cycle is messed up and I've only had one period, I didn't know if I would have a normal period this month so I tested early, which I normally wouldn't have done but I thought I'd give it a go since I tested early with my first and it was positive). But I was too early :) go figure but that's ok

MQF
    You answered your own question.

Also disregard my previous comment. When you were so adamant that you charted I thought you meant you were temping. Those charting apps are cramp. Check out FF and get yourself a thermometer.
  • Also, keep in mind that there are more barriers to successful charting when you are still breastfeeding. TCOYF has some good information on this.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Hi everyone! Wanted to update and let you know i am in fact pregnant with Baby #2 and due this October 4th! So excited, thanks everyone for your friendly advice and tips :)
  • Hi everyone! Wanted to update and let you know i am in fact pregnant with Baby #2 and due this October 4th! So excited, thanks everyone for your friendly advice and tips :)

I think your BMB is the appropriate place to post a BFP. Not here.
  • Hi! I would suggest going to your doctor and taking a blood test. I was about 4 months pregnant with my first and had 2 negative results when I first took the tests. Being that it was my first pregnancy, I thought I felt different, but couldn't be sure I was pregnant because the tests came back negative. Turns out, my doctor didn't even give me a blood test. He examined me, and knew I was pregnant based on the colour of my cervix. Also, could it be possible you're testing too early? good Luck!
    I appreciate the update - thanks and hoping its a happy and healthy pregnancy for you!
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017

• Should also mention my milk supply has def decreased

My milk supply decreases leading up to my period (this is fairly common) so I wouldn't take that as a sign of anything.

Because you are bfing, your cycles may be wonky and irregular. Unless you are charting, it will be hard for you to know when you ovulate and thus when you can test with accuracy.

Otherwise, what walbs said. Without a + test it's all just symptom spotting.

Exactly this.

BF makes it all even more of a crap shoot.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Congrats. However, your new BMB or first trimester would have been a more appropriate place for this update.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Sidebar. Dafuq is up with this format change? And where's the glittery background?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"