July 2015 Moms
Options

Sprung a leak

Hello lovely ladies. First discussion poster and FTM here and well I'm not sure how else to say it but my boobs seem to have sprung a leak... I'm leaking colostrum and I'm only 17 weeks and 2 days along.. Not enough to wear breast pads but enough to know it's getting worse.. Any other mums out there leaking ?

Re: Sprung a leak

• Options
  • Options
    Ohhh yea
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pregnancy sure knows how to make a woman feel beautiful :/
  • Options
    It sure does!
  • Options
    Yup. I've been wearing a bra 24/7 for a few weeks now because of that. Fun stuff!
  • Options
    That can happen even on your first pregnancy??? I was just reading about vaginal varicose veins....as if that wasn't enough!
  • Options
    This started happening to me too. I'm 18 weeks and thought it was too early. Guess not. From what I have researched it's possible this means you will have a good milk supply. This is what I'm hoping anyways!
  • Options

This started happening to me too. I'm 18 weeks and thought it was too early. Guess not. From what I have researched it's possible this means you will have a good milk supply. This is what I'm hoping anyways!

Being part of the itty bitty titty committee that's great news to hear haha
  • Options
    I started noticing colostrum after a hot shower in my 14th month! Talk about early. Some people call the symptom Alfa Mom.
  • Options
    Is that what that waxy feeling on my nips is or is what I'm feeling something else? I feel like I can't get a straight answer googling it.
  • Options
    I've heard of women pumping and storing milk while pregnant.
  • Options
    Oh yes I started leaking too. I'm 18 weeks prego.
  • Options
    Welcome to the wonderful world of pregnancy! Lol I got a kick out of sprung a leak. I laughed so hard even my infant looked at me like I was nuts. O:-)
  • Options
    MrsAB1316MrsAB1316 member
    edited February 2015
    The presence of or lack of colostrum in pregnancy is not indicative of what your milk supply will be like. So those of you who aren't leaking (and may not ever) don't freak out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    biaromoy said:

Being part of the itty bitty titty committee that's great news to hear haha
    Also, breast size doesn't affect milk production. I hope this also puts your mind at ease. :).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    MrsAB1316 said:

The presence of or lack of colostrum in pregnancy is not indicative of what your milk supply will be like. So those of you who aren't leaking (and may not ever) don't freak out.

I am simply hoping its a good sign. Just what my MD has told me is a "possible" outcome as well as a couple of friends I know who had this. But there was one who leaked but was unable to breastfeed because of a previous breast augmentation. I am just hoping for the best and that its a good sign. I'm an optimist hehe :)
  • Options
    17+3 and just sprung a leak as well. I'm not too worried about that but does it have to be so itchy? I'm ready to have a meltdown over it.
  • Options
    If it means you have a good milk supply I am jealous then. I never had a good supply with DD, I was always jealous of the moms what produced enough to feed a small army.
    Please excuse typos....auto correct hates me. =)

Married 8.17.12
    Anniversary 
    DD Born 9.23.13
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerDS Born 7.15.15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

17+3 and just sprung a leak as well. I'm not too worried about that but does it have to be so itchy? I'm ready to have a meltdown over it.

I leaked and 3 weeks later the itching has taken hold and OMG ! Cannot bear it any longer

• Options
    The itching is not from the colostrum is from the growing. Rub moisturizer or oil after your shower and before bed to help soften your skin for stretching. Same for the belly!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"