September 2012 Moms

OMG just had a THT IL moment

I am laying on the couch, DH got home less then an hour ago and was putting the baby to bed. He comes out to heat up dinner and make me some tea and sees someone park in front of the house. His father. Sweet.

I have had 3 nights of toddler free range while I make sure she doesn't kill herself from my perch on the couch. There are toys everywhere, an unfolded basket of laundry, and crap everywhere. I stood up way to fast trying to at least move my dinner dishes in the kitchen and pile up some of the crap. They walk in 'oh, we do t care what your house looks like...' I told them I did and I was embarrassed that they dropped in on us while I was recuperating. FIL didn't bash an eye and gave DH his body cards and had him open them...step MIL at least apologized, asked that I was OK, and went to the entryway to get FIL to leave.

Seriously, he usually drops by with little notice. That I tolerate at least because 20 minutes is enough for me to hide the mess, but none? Plus I moved to fast and now I am in pain. Ugh.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
Kid #2 - maybe???
Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
#11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh

Re: OMG just had a THT IL moment

• No shower today, no bra. Trying not to cry at the sudden pain...5 minutes was too long.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • amandad715amandad715 member
    edited January 2015
    Were they at least dropping off a meal or some kind of treat? What was the reason for them barging in unannounced on a Fri evening 2 days after you had surgery?

ETA-ahhhh I reread. Birthday cards for DH.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • PenelopePondPenelopePond member
    edited January 2015
    Oh no! Ouch :(
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • That sucks! :( glad they left quickly!

What bothers me is that they could have given you a heads up. Even if it was 5 minutes! They had the cards, they knew they were coming over. Grr.

My inlaws called DH Thursday and said they were outside my house. I was picking up Winn. So DH said to go on in. My nasty bra was on the couch. So I came in and cooked dinner in my coat because my floppy boobs were out. Then after a half hour DH asked if I was going to take my coat off and I laughed and said sure, if he'd go get my bra off the couch. It takes at least 5-10 min to get to my house from anywhere. There is no excuse for drop bys with cell phones!!! What is wrong with people?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=exp&TT1=exp&CL=40&CT=W&CG=F&O=m_baby1&T=t_e20&D=20140508&M1=&D1=20150212&T2=ahhhhhhhhhh!&T1=&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=&SC=green
  • It was so chaotic too. Them telling me they didn't mind, me telling them I did. Trying not to cry from moving too quickly, DH feeling terrible because he knows I hate surprise guests. 

The worst part is, they were supposed to come over this morning (Saturday) not last night so it took us completely by surprise.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
  • Lay down the law. Unacceptable! Does DR think this is normal?

• Oh goodness, hope you took some meds and went to bed

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How rude of them! So sorry you hurt yourself over it. Hopefully yh is taking extra good care of you today.

• ILs can really suck ass. I hope you're feeling better today. I told DH on Saturday that since we moved into our house in July of 2010 that there has never once been a week where we didn't have a member of his family in our house. And 80% of those are unannounced drop ins. It has led to so many fights between us but he refuses to ever say anything. He hates confrontation and is afraid of hurting anyone's feelings. I think I'm just going to sit around naked all of the time, that will probably discourage the unannounced drop in.

Emma Rose - 9.14.05    Beckett - 5.26.07    Sawyer - 9.22.12    Lennon Mae - 9.26.14
  • AW: No one just "drops by" my house.

Apparently I'm a giant bitch.  Or no one wants to see us.  Either way, I'm fine with that, as I hate even the idea of dropping in on someone.

How are you feeling today @flamingemu?

Nancy James 9.1.12

Calvin Donald 8.27.14

• AW: No one just "drops by" my house.

Apparently I'm a giant bitch.  Or no one wants to see us.  Either way, I'm fine with that, as I hate even the idea of dropping in on someone.

How are you feeling today @flamingemu?
    No one normally drops by because I am a huge bitch. That is why DH was so surprised and essentially kicked them out. He apologized to me for the next 2 days after that - ha!

I am feeling much better. I didn't take any painkillers until bed last night - mostly so I could drink beer during the game, but it wasn't anything I couldn't power through. Today I am home with L by myself (DCP is sick) so no meds at all again. I will save them for bad days now.

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"