Trouble TTC
Options

Advice needed please

I appologize as this may a dumb post and I'm not necessarily having trouble ttc but would appreciate expertise advice from you ladies.

I am new to this so could appreciate some insight. I took ovulation tests and they were positive on day 20 and 21 of my cycle and those days we had intercourse. My cycles are normally 28 days. Now it's day 32 and I haven't gotten my period but had light brown spotting yesterday. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative this morning. Could I be pregnant and it's too early OR due to late ovulation in cycle does that mean my cycle length will be longer? Sorry if these are dumb questions as I'm new to all this.

Re: Advice needed please

• Options

Was your ovulation test a digital or a line test? I ask because the line tests can be really hard to interpret and leave the analysis up to you, which increases your chance for human error (misread). I used the line tests for about 5 months or so, but when I switched to digitals, which I used for over a year, I found that I actually got VERY consistent LH surges, which I could never pick up on using the line tests... what looked like a positive might not have been, but then the next day, a very faint line, the next day, something darker... etc. Confusing. I suggest using the Clearblue Advanced Ovulation tests, or trying a fertility monitor.

Anyway, ovulation on day 20/21 with a 28-day cycle sounds strange, but perhaps you have a very short luteal phase, which can be a big problem.

As for being pregnant... you took a test on CD32, it was negative. You're not pregnant at this time. Try again in a week, or be in touch with your doctor if your period doesn't show for 60 days.

TTC since March 2013

HSG: Sept 2014, clear tubes

Dx: MFI - Low motility, morph, count (Aug. 2014); Hypothyroidism (May 2015)

Moved to IUIs October 2014

IUI #1 w/ injections:  Nov 2014- BFN

IUI #2 w/ injections:  Jan 2015- BFN

IUI #3.1 w/ injections:  Feb. 2015, cancelled due to cysts- 10 days BCP

IUI #3.2 w/ injections:  Feb/March 2015- BFN

IUI #4 w/ 100mg Clomid +  Injections:  August 2015- BFN

IUI #5 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  September 2015- BFN

IUI #6 w/ 5mg Femara + Injections:  October 2015 - Cancelled due low response

Moved to IVF May 2016 

Retrieved 18 eggs on 05/27/2016, 13 were ICSI'd, 9 made it to day-five transfer

Transferred 2 beautiful day-five embryos on 06/01/2016, froze 7

BFP 4dp5dt on 06/05/2016!  Line continued to darken beautifully!

EDD:  February 17, 2017

Beta #1:  92

Beta #2:  305 

Ultrasound #1 - one baby!

Ultrasound #2 - saw heartbeat!

LFAF Badges:

• Options
    If a pregnancy test says you are not pregnant, you are not pregnant.  Also if you are "new to this" you do not belong in a TROUBLE TRYING TO CONCEIVE board.  Also, stop asking people on the internet if you are pregnant.  How the hell should we know?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"