Long Island Babies
Options

across country move to long island in 3rd trimester. help!

Hello, I am moving to Nassau County from Louisiana due to my husband's job. Our baby is due at the end of march and we plan to make the move mid - January. This is our first child and we don't know anyone in NY so I'm freaking out a little. Any recommendations on OBGYNs, hospitals or pediatricians would be greatly appreciated. :)

Re: across country move to long island in 3rd trimester. help!

• Options
    I am using the ProHealth group at 2 Ohio Drive. I have been seeing Dr. Chen and Dr. Lee. There are 4 delivering attendings in the practice and they have all been great. Delivery will be at North Shore LIJ - Manhasset. 
  • Options
    @jjbaby21.. Small world, that's my doctors too.  So @babshudg, I recommend them!  Plus the hospital is great as well :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much!! I'll look into them :)
  • Options
    This may be late for you but just in case you are still looking..! I switched doctors in my 2nd trimester to Complete Womens Health in Garden City. Dr. LoPresti is my primary but I see all 4 of the doctors regularly and am extremely happy with the level of care and how much they consider my preferences. 

I'm also due at the end of March. My practice delivers at Winthrop University hospital and the hospital is very "baby-friendly". They encourage skin to skin, family visits and babies rooming in with the parents. 

Also, I'm sure you'll be looking for pediatricians. We will be using Happy Healthy Pediatrics in Mineola. If you do a quick google search you can find their website with their philosophy!! 

Good luck and feel free to PM me with any other questions. I know how hard it is to move states let alone while pregnant! 

• Options
    This is a bit late sorry but just saw your thread! I go to Garden City OBGYN i highly recommend them, Melanie Sumersille is my midwife there and is terrific - I've been with her for years and she delivered my first baby (challenging pregnancy too!) just a few weeks ago I am using Seaford Pediatrics and they are wonderful Feel free to message me if you want someone to talk to and good luck with the move!!
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I think we will actually be moving to or around garden city so this is extremely helpful! I will definitely PM you once we get up there with more questions :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"