February 2015 Moms

Commence hair pulling now

At 39 weeks every ache and pain sends me in full out anxiety of labor. Which is not good because I just got out of hospital for elevated blood pressure.

OB said do yoga it will relax you and help you stay calm. Yeah thank you kindly sir for your advice but I can't even put my dang shoes on by myself.

I think if I get one more "get rest now" comment or "oh honey just wait" I'm going to go nuts.

Re: Commence hair pulling now

• He said you really can benefit from the breathing techniques and I don't doubt it for a second. But I think I will practice my deep breathing while walking or doing pelvic tilts not downward dogs lol
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel the same way. This is my third. I just wrapped up all of my work and personal obligations this week, so this afternoon was the first day I had NOTHING I had to do. Quite frankly, if I had another week (due 2/10) to relax and have some down time I'd be fine with it. However, the constant wondering if it's labor starting it making me nutty. I had contractions 7 minutes apart all afternoon yesterday, then NOTHING. 

I can deal with the discomfort and aches and pains, but the on-edge feeling about every twinge is brutal. 

P.S. My doctor told me I was in labor at a routine check both of my prior pregnancies, so I'm apparently not very good at know when I'm in labor. Yikes!
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel the same way. This is my third. I just wrapped up all of my work and personal obligations this week, so this afternoon was the first day I had NOTHING I had to do. Quite frankly, if I had another week (due 2/10) to relax and have some down time I'd be fine with it. However, the constant wondering if it's labor starting it making me nutty. I had contractions 7 minutes apart all afternoon yesterday, then NOTHING. 

I can deal with the discomfort and aches and pains, but the on-edge feeling about every twinge is brutal. 

P.S. My doctor told me I was in labor at a routine check both of my prior pregnancies, so I'm apparently not very good at know when I'm in labor. Yikes!

FTM so i have no idea what to expect besides what I read from my books and learn from others. That's when I usually get the "Oh honey just wait" comment. And I am a total drama queen and full of anxiety. Poor DH hasn't gotten any sleep the past week with me up and down and walking around.
  • Oh and good luck! I am due 2/8 so we are very close!! @DBride2006‌
  • I know what you mean about being anxious. With my first pregnancy my water broke before labor started so all of this "waiting for contractions" thing is totally new to me. One piece of advice that I can offer is that if you're not in serious, consistent pain you don't need to be worried.

My relaxing tool at the moment is binge watching shows on Netflix. It's been great about keeping me distracted from over thinking every twinge.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @maltwin1: Yes, except my doctor scared me with #2 because I told him I was waiting for "painful" contractions and he said don't! Timing is more important.

I also live 30 minutes from the hospital and was dilated to 6 with regular contractions with DS#2 when my doctor sent me to the hospital at my weekly appt. Had I been at home, I would have had NO idea I as in labor. I checked in to the hospital at 11 AM, got my epidural at 2 PM, had DS#2 by 5 PM and never had a single even remotely uncomfortable contraction. 

In the final stages with DS#1, it was awful, but I'd rather not wait until that point with baby #3. I'm sure it will all work out fine, but that's why every twinge has me on edge. I keep HOPING my water will break so I know for sure what's what! :) 
    Son #1: 12.27.08 (6 years)
    Son #2: 02.06.12 (2.5 yrs)
    Baby #3 due: 02.10.15 (It's a girl!)
    GD with all three pregnancies

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yeah... I think I'm done with Yoga. I've been doing yoga once a week since October and this was the first week I almost burst into tears. I hadn't been sleeping well, I'm uncomfortable, it takes a ridiculous ammount of effort to change from one position to another, and like you mentioned; downward dog is just ridiculous at this point.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah... I think I'm done with Yoga. I've been doing yoga once a week since October and this was the first week I almost burst into tears. I hadn't been sleeping well, I'm uncomfortable, it takes a ridiculous ammount of effort to change from one position to another, and like you mentioned; downward dog is just ridiculous at this point.

It helped so much with my sciatic pain and made it disappear but now I enjoy relaxing breathing on my couch with purity chocolate ice cream and "say yes to the dress" marathons

It helped so much with my sciatic pain and made it disappear but now I enjoy relaxing breathing on my couch with purity chocolate ice cream and "say yes to the dress" marathons
    This is the most divine idea I've heard all day. I know what I'm going to be doing while DS is at preschool tomorrow.
    imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so with you. I'm so done. I'm due 2/4, but I've had start and stop labor 6 times. Omg so done. Hang in there. We can't be pregnant forever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"