July 2015 Moms

What is your opinion?

Ok, so our guest room is going to be our nursery. We are slowly clearing things out and selling furniture to prepare for the baby. My husband and I have run into one little bump in the road. There is currently a TV mounted to the wall and he has to go through a lot of work running the wires through the wall to hide the cords and had to make a few god size holes in the drywall to accommodate the wall mount. Anyway, there is no way I want a flat screen TV in my baby's nursery! I want it down but he wants it to stay up. What do you ladies think? Please tell me I am not being a control freak.

Re: What is your opinion?

• Oh goodness sorry for all the typos! I blame it on my "passion" towards the issue. Lol
  • I would leave it there just to avoid the trouble of taking it down.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd leave it. But that's me.. Who knows you might want to catch a movie while getting no sleep Lol.
  • Is this going to remain the child's room? If so, take it down now before they arrive (if you don't plan on them having their own TV.) If it's their temporary room, while I wouldn't intentionally put a TV in their nursery, I also wouldn't go through the effort of taking it down.
  • Thank you ladies, I suppose I will let this one go. It will only be the baby's room for two years max. We plan on moving in the next two to three years. It messes up my vision for decor but I will let this one go. One point for the hubby :)
  • You could take down the tv itself but hang something else to hide the wires and mess on the wall?
  • I'd leave it, it might be nice to have it!
  • I'd leave it, but if it bothers you, you could always come up with a solution to hide it. Put some curtains up on that wall and if you want to watch it, just open the curtains? Just and idea. I'm sure if I thought about it long enough I'd have some more ideas for you. Good luck!

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

• I'd keep it up, but maybe hide it with a canvas? If you don't move house I'm sure you will need a TV in that room in the future
  • DH would love to put a flat screen in the nursery lol!! If it is there, might as well leave it. Like PPs mentioned, you may find it useful while nursing or rocking baby. :)
  • I would leave it. If you end up having a colicky baby, you could use it as soothing white noise by flipping it to static. Also, it might be good for you during late night feedings.
  • I've been considering leaving the tv in the room that will be the nursery. You might want to watch it if your up for late night feelings etc..
  • I would definitely say leave it. Especially if it's going to be hard to take down and you will want to put it back in that room later. Also, as others have said, you may find that it comes in handy on those long nights that your LO just will not let you sleep. It's gonna happen. =/ So why not watch the news or catch a movie while your LO is still wide awake too. And, if you really just don't want it in there, like other have said, cover it up for the time being. =)
    1/19/15 - Officially Team Blue! 
    "Victory is paid for in sweat, courage, and preparation!"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"