March 2015 Moms
Options

Weight gain...

Hey fat shamers who say weight gain only comes from unhealthy eating. I gained 20 pounds, IN ONE WEEK. Have fun with that one.

Re: Weight gain...

• Options
    :( so sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine being able to stand if I even gain five more pounds this pregnancy... Let alone twenty in such a short time. All will be worth it in the end! Good luck! T&P!
  • Options
    Holy growth spurt! Good luck.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's just water retention from possible pre-e. Although someone last week on here with a "phd in nutrition" was saying you only gain like that from unhealthy eating.
  • Options
    Hang in there. No fat shaming here... We are all gaining weight (or losing in some cases) differently. I really hope it's not pre-e. Good luck and screw those shamers!
  • Options
    Thanks! I just felt bad because this girl was already feeling bad about gaining 50 pounds (from like 100 start weight) and miss phd was pretty mean to her telling her it's because of her food choices. There are other reasons. It isn't just about calories in and calories out.
  • Options
    klcarr19 said:

Hang in there. No fat shaming here... We are all gaining weight (or losing in some cases) differently. I really hope it's not pre-e. Good luck and screw those shamers!

I had actually lost 15, and came back to breaking even, then this week the nurse knew something was wrong right away when she saw the number on the scale.
  • Options
    Carmar3 said:

I'm sorry that must be frustrating. Water retention and pre e are no joke! I've got both myself (well dr says borderline pre e) and don't look at the scale anymore... It's tough but I keep repeating that "my baby needs me to let my body work"

Don't we wish we could all be as "smart" as little miss PhD?!

Hopefully they have it under control for you! I know I need to just not pay attention to the number on the scale because since seeing it I have not been hungry at all (and I haven't eaten since 12:30).
  • Options
    I really haven't ate that healthy bc my cravings lately but this entire pregnancy I've gained nothing, I don't know why. I got the glucose test done, came back good. Everything is fine. I'm just not gaining and it makes me feel guilty like I'm not eating enough or something idk what to do
  • Options
    klcarr19klcarr19 member
    edited January 2015

klcarr19 said:

I had actually lost 15, and came back to breaking even, then this week the nurse knew something was wrong right away when she saw the number on the scale.
    I've been a yo-yo with weight this whole pregnancy. It has been the hot topic at evey Drs appointment. I'm down 36 from the start but I was a larger girl to start with. But we haven't talked about Pre-e at all.

I'm just sad that there are people in the community that would put anyone down for the weight gain... Especially since we all feel so different with our pregnancies.

I'm positive you are doing what's best for your body and your babies!
  • Options
    @lucylouxoxo‌ I think it's a little late in the game to be worrying about this & this is definitely a question for your physician...
  • Options
    Oh no, that stinks. Pre-eclampsia and fluid retention sucks. Good luck.
  • Options
    Whitfry said:

Hey fat shamers who say weight gain only comes from unhealthy eating. I gained 20 pounds, IN ONE WEEK. Have fun with that one.

Geeez... Put down the weekly fast food and get on a treadmill! Don't you know that the only way to get pre-e is from eating french fries dipped in caramel sauce? Plusalso water retention is a myth. Everyone knows that the sugar you eat liquifies and that's what it is. My GED from Wikipedia means I know all the things. Like the fact that there is never a medical reason to gain any weight. Pregnancy is just an excuse for fatties. Babies don't grow, they come from a cabbage patch. Birth is a myth!
    Hey!! Remember according to someone who totes has their ph.d. even fried chicken once a week is gonna make you gain with the wrath of a thousand suns.... Or something.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Whitfry said:

Geeez... Put down the weekly fast food and get on a treadmill! Don't you know that the only way to get pre-e is from eating french fries dipped in caramel sauce? Plusalso water retention is a myth. Everyone knows that the sugar you eat liquifies and that's what it is. My GED from Wikipedia means I know all the things. Like the fact that there is never a medical reason to gain any weight. Pregnancy is just an excuse for fatties. Babies don't grow, they come from a cabbage patch. Birth is a myth!
    Hey!! Remember according to someone who totes has their ph.d. even fried chicken once a week is gonna make you gain with the wrath of a thousand suns.... Or something.
    Yeah I really wish I remembered her user name so I can tag her and invite her to this conversation.
  • Options
    Thank you all! I am just taking it easy at this point. The swelling does suck, but the longer I can keep my BP down, the longer my babies get to prepare for the outside world. This is especially important for me because we already have enough risk factors for asthma and don't need the added one of being born preterm.
  • Options
    @finallyourturn2‌ you're in luck. Because I remember! ;)
  • Options
    It's @marchbaby123!!!
    C U Next Tuesday!
  • Options
    Thank you @deeohgee‌ ! I can't wait for @marchbaby123‌ to come tell me I ate too much fried chicken last week!
  • Options
    She hasn't been active since January 21, after she posted a bump photo, and everyone blasted her... I wonder if she even viewed the comments.
  • Options
    I'm sorry! That must be so uncomfortable ! We all know it will pay off in the end and I hope it balances out for you. The fluid retention sucks, and those babies are getting big by now too I bet :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"