August 2015 Moms

Anybody having/hoping for a Boy?

Hi all,

Pregnant with my first ( and likely my only) baby, and I just found out its a Boy! Was totally expecting a girl, now I am so suprised I dont know how to prepare (I have 5 nieces and 6 sisters lol)! Any advice from moms who have boys? We dont have many in this family!
DS 8/13/15 
Blessed  <3o:)

Re: Anybody having/hoping for a Boy?

• Boys are amazing!  My first 2 are boys, 3rd is a daughter and had no idea what I was doing with her.  Boys are so easy. You will be fine and he'll be a protector of his nieces.  I'm hoping for another boy this time around.  You are going to love being a mom, and especially to a little boy.  Congrats!!

Cody Lane - 4/22/2004
    Colten James - 9/9/2005

Isabella Ann - 7/20/2012

SURPRISE!!!  Emma Leigh - due 8/27/2015 (c-section date 8/7/2015)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I found out its a boy too!! Total shocker- since we don't have any boys in the family! Question that pops up in my head" what to do with that penis?" Also I don't want to be a " crazy in love with her son" mom:)
  • Loading the player...
  • First, congrats! Second, just be prepared to fall insanely in love. I have a little boy (2 1/2) and even though I knew I would be happy no matter if it was a boy or a girl, NOTHING could have prepared me for how much I would LOVE having a little boy!! The only thing that sucks is they can melt your heart too easily - just like there are "Daddy's little girls" there are definitely "Mama's Boys" too. Other than that, be prepared, they pee almost every time you change them in the beginning :) but just put the old diaper back down right away and you will be just fine! Don't stress - enjoy!!
  • I have a boy and a girl, we are Team Green with our little 'tie breaker' here.  Granted my kids are still young, DD is 4 and DS is 2, but honestly I don't think there's been a huge difference so far.  Put a wipe over the penis during diaper changes and point the penis down when putting on a diaper...that's all I got :)
  • Little boys are the best! I have an almost 3 year old and we found out we're having another boy! The mother/son bond is just amazing...mine definitely knows he has me wrapped around his finger. After he was born I told my husband I can totally understand all the crazy mothers out there with adult sons...there is a good chance I'll be one too. I agree with the others about putting a wipe or cloth over his penis during diaper changes. I got it in the face my first diaper change after we came home from the hospital. Lesson learned!
    Mom to AJ: 2/16/2012

Elliott Woodson due 8/2/2015!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This is my first and I would love to have a boy first. I grew up with a big brother and, while we've never had the greatest relationship, he's always been there to defend/protect me when I've needed it. I'd like for our (hopefully) future daughters to grow up with a big brother.
  • gmd88gmd88 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm having a boy (found out Monday) and although I thought I wanted a girl I'm absolutely smitten with the idea of my Lil stud and can just really picture having a boy now. I'm a ftm and honestly I'm not sure I could picture having either really until I found out what it was (hey... I'm not actually giving birth to a fruit!) ;) I'm not much of a girly girl so I'm super stoked about the trucks and leggos. If you need any convincing look up cute boy clothes on pinterest and you'll be shopping and over the moon in no time! Woo team blue!
  • Clearly I'm biased, but little boys are amazing!  They are so sweet and truly love their mamas.  He is so silly and kind.  I've always said that my perfect lineup of kids would be 2 boys and a girl as the youngest so that her big brothers could protect her.  This time I'll be happy with either, but I'm definitely glad that we had DS first.  Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Me: 30   DH: 32   
    TFAS since May 2013
    8/14 - Bloodwork showed heterozygous MTHFR gene mutation and elevated AMH (but no cysts)
    9/14 - HSG, Hysteroscopy and laparoscopy showed tubes clear, but found and removed Endometriosis, scar tissue and 2 small benign masses on my tubes.
    11/14 - Daily ultrasounds confirmed that my follicles are not releasing the egg and every other day blood draws showed very low progesterone... DH's SA was near perfect
    12/14 - moving onto meds!!! Hold up!!!  Surprise BFP after only taking the progesterone!  Now what do I do with all of the other meds we already paid for?!  Due at the end of August 2015 Beta#1- 4434 @ 22DPO  Beta#2 - 7335 @ 25DPO Beta #3 - 14429  @ 28DPO
  • I am hoping, I've been saying he/him since I found out I was pregnant it's hard to say she/her. I find out in March :D
  • I hope a boy just because if like to have one of each. I love having a girly girl daughter so I'd 've okay with another one but I would also love a son.
  • dwal07dwal07 member
    edited January 2015
    I'm so glad my first is a boy (he's 7 now)! He's simply amazing! I love how he protects his mama. I wouldn't mind another boy. He wants a baby sister though. I'm content with a happy and healthy baby. :)
  • I was in the same boat, and really wanted a girl. To my surprise I feel so lucky to have a boy. There is a special bond between mother and son. He can be a crazy, rough and tumble boy one minute, and come give me a big kiss the next - just because. A lot of little girls are daddy's girls, which is adorable, but I love being the one to get the attention!
  • Baby boy due July 5th!

I'm with you.  I have no idea what to do with a boy, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.  I've loved having a baby girl, but I'm very grateful that I will get to have both.

I don't totally get the "momma's boy" thing.  My daughter is definitely a momma's girl.  She's only 2 so things will surely change over and over again, but I think kids just love their parents. 

• We are hoping for a boy! Of course we will be happy either way, but I have two step sons and would love another boy! I grew up with 2 brothers, so I was never and round girls. We now have 3 nieces and they are so dramatic! I love having the boys!
  • I have 2 boys and the ultrasound tech thinks I'm having another one. The genetics testing will confirm. Honestly I was a bit disappointed because I don't want to have anymore kids but I do want a little girl. With DH and my 2 boys my house is a total war zone. As in nerf wars, pillow wars, video game wars and any other type of war you can think of. I was hoping for a baby girl to balance things out but I'm starting to get excited about having boy. This is DH and my first child together and will be his firstborn son so he's over the moon. Honestly I wouldn't know what to do with a girl anyway lol.
  • Just found out I'm having a boy too! For some reason, I really thought it was a girl, so that is how I was imagining him. Now that I know it's a boy, I'm dreaming about dirtbikes and footballs. It's my first as well, but I would like more,so I like the idea of having a boy first.
  • Boys are amazing. I also come from a family of girls (3 sisters, 8 cousins, my grandpa had 13 sisters and ONE brother lol). I was shocked when we found out DS was a boy.

I though that I wanted a girl this time, but I constantly catch myself looking at all the cute boy things instead. Lol. Of course I'll be excited either way, but I never thought I'd love having a boy the way that I do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My 3years old want A sister.
    My fiance wish for boy.
    I wish for healthy Baby and pain free labor.
  • Girls are just as amazing as boys. And they love their moms too. Hilarious when people claim one sex is sooooo awesome, especially when they don't have experience with the other sex.

I'm actually hoping for another girl bc I desperately want my dd to have a sister - it is a bond like no other. But boy is good with me too bc then I get the best of both worlds!

But bottom line is a healthy baby is all that truly matters!
  • Having ANOTHER boy! Glad my DS will have a little brother to play with. I was so sure and hopeful for a girl since two kiddos would be ideal but I guess the 3rd will be the charm and hope I get my girl next time..
  • We are hoping for a boy! We have two girls and a family full of girls and would love to add a boy into the mix, especially since this is likely our last.
  • We thought we were having a girl... Nope, it's a BOY!!!
  • Boys are awesome a little loud and a little all over the place but that definitely keeps me in shape lol had the same issue with obly having girls in my family but we all learned how to change his diaper pretty quickly!! Second On the way and will be happy either way but secretly wishing for another boy (fingers crossed)
  • edited February 2015

Hilarious when people claim one sex is sooooo awesome, especially when they don't have experience with the other sex.

!

Whoa. Way to completely overreact here. How is anyone claiming "one sex is soooo awesome" when OP asked who's hoping for a boy?

*Insert major eye-roll*

OP, I would love another boy. My son is so much fun! I always saw myself with girls until I had him. Now, I would love a big clan of boys! However, a healthy baby is all that matters :)
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"