September 2015 Moms
Options

18yrld 6wks..help on how to hide a few months.

CBeane18CBeane18 member
edited January 2015 in September 2015 Moms
I know a lot of you are going to say that I need to tell her because I will want her in my life while I'm pregnant..but that's not the case, there's a lot of conflict between us to the point I have moved multiple times away but she keeps calling cops to make me come back...I am moving to go to college in a state 8 hours away with my feince(aka the daddy). If she finds out before I leave then I won't go to college I'll be stuck here. Plus, she said if I get pregnant then I will have an abortion, or it will be put up for adoption.. The daddy is 21 and that is the only reason why she can do something. My sisters and my brother know and are trying to help..but they haven't had to hide something like this from her...HELP PLEASE..!!!!

Best Answers

• Options
    bzonie07bzonie07 member
    Answer ✓
    Pretty sure if your 18 there's nothing your mom can do. But I highly suggest telling her. She's been through pregnancy before and can help support you through all the questions and concerns you have.

Good luck!
  • Options
    rablissfulrablissful member
    Answer ✓
    If you are 18 then you are a legal adult. She has no guardianship of you and the cops will not bring you back. They can't. She also can't force you to have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption. The doctors/lawyers would need YOUR signature for any of that and if you refuse to sign there's nothing your mother can do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    shaunnar053shaunnar053 member
    Answer ✓
    If you're 18 she can't make you do anything. She sounds toxic honestly.. And crazy controlling. Telling you you'd have to get an abortion or adoption if you'd ever get pregnant?? That's insane. My opinion is you and your fiance need to step out into your own if you want to be an actual adult. You both need to get jobs and start supporting yourselfs if your mom is really that bad and you want to get out from under her thumb. If you're still completely dependent on her, idk what to tell you other then your going to have to tell her. Good luck girl.
  • Options
    Asmith1552Asmith1552 member
    Answer ✓
    At 18 I really did not think my mom would be accepting of my situation I found out when I was 5 months pregnant and too late to have an abortion. I'm not sure what my plans where but when it finally did come out she was forced to realize I'm no longer her baby. Raising a baby and going to college was very difficult but I did it at 18 and got a masters degree. Moms. Not always are easy but they have more life experiences that can help. With out the help from my whole family i would not have been able to get this far in life. Although i didn't go away to college but I was able to move out with my boyfriend who got us an apartment. My mom was right there when I delivered and helped me with. All the things I never read in a book about having a baby. What happens to relationships around you your body. Give your mom more credit than you are! Now that my baby is 19 and away at college I would never want her to feel like she coul not talk to me and to go though one of life's miracles without my love. Oh and I'm super strict and sometimes crazy, but I only wanted the best out of my children. You will soon know the love that has no boundaries when you have your baby. I hope this helps you.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Well your adult even if you were 17 at the time they cant legally do anything. If you feel that uncomfortable telling her then wait until you at least get up there first, wear those cute tops that flow and stretchy pants or just buy bigger size jeans that should help get you through a couple months. Wishing you luck!!!

Answers

• Options
    Thank yu guys, and I was 17 when I got pregnant. I just turned 18 last week. She has a lot of friends that are cops, and have extremely high positions in law. Thank you guys for helping. I need the support, me and her got into yet another fight again last night.
  • Options
    Thank yu guys, y'all are a lot of help. And we already have college and job times worked out for when we move and I give birth, he's going to watch the little one while in at school then I'm going to when I get home an he goes to work, but until I have the baby, he is going to work doubles for more income since I will not be working until my kid is a little over 5or6 months, then a baby sitter comes in. But thank you sooooo much yu guys.!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"