September 2015 Moms
Options

Any mothers got pregnant while on birth control???

rae71583rae71583 member
edited January 2015 in September 2015 Moms
I am 31 years old and have an 11 year old son and a 6 year old daughter. I thought I was done having children. After my daughter was born I went onto the Mirana (birth control) after 5 years it was taken out and the past year I was on the ortho pill. In January my physician switched me to the pill called, "lyza". I take pills religiously. After a few weeks my breasts became tender, and I became sleepy. I was also waking up in the middle of the night to pee. This is when I thought to myself, " ummmmm, no way... It can't be!!" I took a pregnancy test the morning of my husbands birthday and it turned positive SO FAST. I since have been to the doctor and tomorrow I am actually 6 weeks along. Has anyone else gotten pregnant on the pill???

Re: Any mothers got pregnant while on birth control???

• Options
    I wasn't on the pill, but had the paragard IUD put in in October. Well somehow the thing has fallen out without me knowing. I found out last week after I hadn't had my period and was feeling exhausted that I was 7 weeks pregnant. I have a 6 year old and 3 year old. I too thought I was done having children.... God had other plans. I'm 36 years old
  • Options
    I wasn't on the pill but I took an emergency contraceptive
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was on the pill. I missed a day last month but I have really irregular periods so I wasn't worried about it. Plus I doubled up the pill the next day like I'm supposed to. Well, my boobs hurt and I was so bloated for no reason. Took a test and sure enough, baby number two! Surprised but very very excited!
  • Options
    I was on the Nuva ring but I had a surgery in November so I had to keep my ring out so in December I had a weird period and put the ring back in the following Sunday after my period and I had ovulated in those few days in between. Crazy!
  • Options
    Yep! That lovely antibiotic canceling birth control pill. Unexpected but now pleasant surprise!
  • Options
    I was on a high dosage "special" birth control for numerous gynecological problems. I literally took the pill at the exact same time every single day. No other medications, no antibiotics, never missed a dose. And I got pregnant! My doctor said it was most likely between a 1-2% chance. Little miracle baby ☺️
  • Options
    I was on the pill, I should have known something was up because I got my period the week of my wedding, which was a week early, then again a week later. Then a month later surprise!
  • Options
    Well I had just decided to stop taking my BC pills and go with an app called FMC to track my period and ovulation days...smh got pregnant after being off of the pill for one week! Smh but we are excited
  • Options
    I was on the pill and got sick right before Christmas. My doctor gave me antibiotics and I felt well enough to go on a trip for a few days. Well by the time I got home to my boyfriend I guess it had slipped my mind! Whoops! We were shocked but very excited!
  • Options
    I was on the pill, Loestrin. I have an almost 9 year old and 7 year old. My SO has a 7 year old and 2 year old. All 4 live with us so this is the 5th child. We wanted more, just not so soon. Now I'm happy. I just know that I won't be taking another pill for birth control. I'm thinking implanon after this one is born.
  • Options
    A couple of years ago I got pregnant with a Mirena IUD; it was ectopic and I lost a tube. Most recently I was on a low dose BC pill but had to come off this past Aug due to blood clots in my lung.....4 months later I'm pregnant ;-)
  • Options
    My situation is slightly similar, the only difference was that I wasn't on BC. Ever since my husband and I got married in Sept of 2014 we were all willy nilly. We had mentioned the natural family planning method, but hadn't really stated that's what we are doing, which was a miscommunication apparently. We had a little argument near the end of November and concretely stated we were doing the NFP method. I was always regular since October right down to the ovulation day. We waited until I wasn't fertile anymore in December and then at the beginning of January BAM. Symptoms, discovered I was late and a few days later I got a BFP. Miracle baby, or super sperm haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"