June 2015 Moms

Back pain

amylee88amylee88 member
edited January 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Anyone else experiencing at times brutal lower back pain? I never had it this bad with my first pregnancy. Yes, I know its normal, just looking for any advice on some relief besides heating pads and massages :)

Re: Back pain

• Yes. Very normal. Mine gets so bad I can barely walk at times. They talk about it in a lot of pregnancy books if you want more info on it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't know your pain tolerance but brutal sounds extreme.... You might want to discuss with your doctor your specific pain and rule out a UTI or kidney infection.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup and 12 hr nursing shifts don't help.....I sleep with a heating pad but that doesn't help a whole lot either. Everyone keeps saying chiropractor but I am Leary.......
  • Leery?! Oh well
  • Acupuncture is my godsend had 4 sessions and has removed all back pain
  • Yes, very common. A quick search or look in a book would let you know that. I sleep with a pillow between my knees, under my back, and of course, under my head. Usually helps, doesn't mean I won't get it the next day though! But at least when I wake up I feel okay. :D
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby June Bug is due June 5, 2015
    [[Our first, our little surprise]]
  • Check the daily symptoms board. You'll see nearly everyone is experiencing it.
  • Yes mine is totally muscle related, and it is killing me today. I go to Pilates twice a week and I'm going to let my instructor know. It's definitely more difficult to support my back with my abs!
  • Try a pregnancy pillow, it has helped me a ton. I also do go to a chiropractor and acupuncturist - if you can find someone who has experience with pregnant women, it will definitely help and there's no harm to the baby. My chiro just modifies my treatment (no more lying on my stomach during a session, etc) and my acupuncturist uses extra pillows to prop me up more.
  • I have sharp shooting lower back pain also. Getting massages, lots of stretching/yoga and exercise is helping me.

Physio would also be a option. Likely the weight of the baby is effecting the curve of your spine, so they could probably offer some sound advice on things you could do at home to help. And be sure to keep your doc in the loop.

Good luck!
  • My back pain feels like nots everywhere !!! Only time im at peace is when im asleep other wise ribs and pain are a pain in my butt
  • Hi,
    This might sound weird, but swimming actually helps a lot with pregnancy pains. For me, it's relieved sciatica, lower back and shoulder pain. I know the last thing you probably want to do when you're in pain is go train, but if you're ever out of options, you might want to give it a try!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"