Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Any thoughts on Valco strollers (bonus points for double strollers)?

We are expecting baby 2 in April. He will be about 23 months apart from his big sister. After much thought, we've decided to get a double stroller. One brand I'm considering is Valco, but I don't know much about it (other than the extensive Internet research I've done). Any thoughts on general quality? I'm waiting for the Valco Trimode Twin 2015 to be released (I believe the 2015 model has a slightly different name). If you own a Valco, single or double, do you like it? Can you compare it to any other strollers in terms of quality? We are also considering thr Bumbleride Indie Twin and Bugaboo Donkey. Thanks for any thoughts you might have.
Baby girl Lila born 2013.
Baby boy Henry born 2015.
Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.

Re: Any thoughts on Valco strollers (bonus points for double strollers)?

• Options
    I love my Valco Snap Dual....my boys are 19 months apart & I've had mine for about 2 years. The quality is amazing.

It's probably hands down my favorite baby item. I'm actually debating on selling my G-luxe for a single snap....since it's easier to use & push (bigger wheels)but weighs the same. It also cleans very easily. :) The strollers have great sized baskets and plenty of storage space as well compared with most other popular strollers in the same category.

The Snap is newborn rated as well...so you can use it from the start, as most Valco Strollers. That was probably the biggest reason I chose the Valco over that more popular stroller (& Amazon mom used to run specials on them).

What are you planning on using your stroller for? That could narrow it down for you. The ones you mentioned are a bit heavy.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    Thanks FmrAFBrat. This is what I was hoping to hear! We are suburban dwellers in the Chicago area. We will mainly use the stroller for walks in the neighborhood and errands on the weekend. The stroller needs to be able to navigate gravel and unpaved surfaces at our local botanic garden. That's about as all-terrain as our needs should get. We already have a Thule Chariot Cougar 2 we can use on the local bike trails (for walking).

I am partial to Bugaboo because of the smooth ride. We have the Bee and I love it. Does the Snap push well? Smooth ride for the kids? I also looked at the Spark Duo as an option. Just need to visit a local store where I hope to see these options in person. Thanks for your feedback!
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Snap does well with gravel, dirt, and curbs. I've taken mine to pumpkin patches, farms, trails, and playgrounds...although I use mine more around my neighborhood. It's a really smooth ride & you can push it one handed. :) You can get air tires for it now as well, but I really haven't had the need to get them.

I think the thing I like most about it is it opens & closes in one step & literally takes 30 seconds between the time I unload it from the van to the time the kids can sit in it. It's perfect for errands. :)

I see other strollers in the parking lot & it seems to take them forever to open or close.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"